Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Oversee shift operations through scheduling and completing production of projects assigned. Position assists the mailing plant operations in line with standard operating procedures, related regulations, and established policy.
• Perform basic and detailed machining and assembly tasks to operate at least one machine and/or perform many manual / assembly duties.
• Perform repetitious and previously performed work without supervisory and technical assistance. Assistance may be needed for other work.
• Multi-tasking that requires focused concentration is expected to be learned – must be willing to cross train.
• Utilizes basic skills and experience background to perform machining and manual tasks.
• Process transactions necessary for work situations that requires very good working PC user know-how.
• Work from verbal or written instructions, work specifications, routing sheets, etc.; uses basic math ---- all in English.
• Perform minor maintenance and work with others to provide assistance with major maintenance projects when assigned.
• May utilize and/or operate material moving equipment, carts, etc. and use some production tools including hand tools and precision devices.
• When assigned perform duties and tasks outside department and job to the best of individual skill and ability.
• Work overtime, weekends, and holidays as work schedules require. In peak periods additional overtime is required.
• Comply with general work rules -- responsible for quality of own work, housekeeping of own work area, and to work safely.
Basic qualifications for consideration:
• High School Diploma or equivalent is preferred but is not required.
• Outstanding organizational skills.
• Great attention to detail.
• Experience in a fast paced, high volume production environment and understanding of production concepts.
• Strong mechanical aptitude.
• Experience operating a computer workstation.
• Ability to improvise when necessary to solve work problems.
• Ability to work overtime including holidays and weekends during peak periods.
• Flexibility with working in other areas on occasion.
• Strong ability to multitask.
• Ability to work with associates with collaboration related to productivity, safety and quality of work.
• Be able, as it is necessary-to climb, stretch, crouch or kneel.
• Successful performance requires good vision including close vision for accurate attention to detail.
• Work requires incumbent to be mobile and in a standing / walking position.
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs regularly.
• Uses hands to handle, finger, or feel objects and to perform keyboarding.
2nd shift Monday-Friday:2:30pm - 11:00am
December: strong possibility of working 7 days a week 2:30pm - 11:00am
Face masks are required. *this does not include a face shield* All Contractors will be given one if they do not have one prior. All Contractors will also have their temperature checked upon arrival and must wash hands frequently. There are also hand sanitization stations throughout the building and areas are disinfected regularly.
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify