PDS Tech is seeking candidates to fill an Equipment Maintenance Tech position in Pleasanton, CA
The candidate will be performing preventive maintenance, repairs, moves, upgrades on a large variety of robotic equipment used in the Biotech industry. The candidate will perform their activities by following SOPs, and will receive in-house training. The equipment includes but is not limited to DNA/RNA Synthesizers, liquid handling robots, vacuum pumps, centrifuges, condensers, HPLC systems. Most of the equipment handles hazardous chemicals, so the candidate must be willing to work with/handle hazardous chemicals as well as hazardous waste.Responsibilities:
- Performs maintenance, testing, troubleshooting, calibration and repair on a variety of manufacturing and testing Instrumentation.
- Carries out routine repairs on a daily basis.
- Provides technical support to internal customers on operational or maintenance aspects of system equipment.
- Works independently and prioritizes work schedule of service calls a majority of the time, may require direction from Lead or Supervisor sporadically.
- Maintains own tool inventory to ensure adequate supply to perform duties.
- Works with team and administrator to assure there is adequate supply of spare parts in stockroom (Specifies and requests purchase of components).
- Performs all administrative duties including documenting maintenance and repair calls in SAP as well as completing required documentation and reports.
- Proficient and compliant with ISO standards and practices.
- Education: Minimum AS in Electronics/mechanical/electro-mechanical, BS in Engineering preferred
- Experience: 1-2 years repair experience (Field Service or In-House Service)
- Experience with the following is highly desirable:
- Robotic instrumentation (especially HPLC, Hamilton, Bravo, and Biomek FX)
- Handling Hazardous materials
- Handling Hazardous waste
- Liquid handling Robots
- Pneumatic instruments
- Mass Spectrometry
- Knowledge of GMP, ISO 9001 and or 13485 Standards
- Experience with general handheld tools plus multi-meters and other electronic test equipment.
- Experience with manual pipetting
- Broad knowledge of state of the art optical imaging, precision motion control, microfluidics, automation systems, and signal processing technologies.
- Experience with FDA regulated system development/design control is a plus.
- Proficiency with Solidworks is a plus.
- Advanced technical writing and verbal skills to produce reports, documents, and communicate with customers.
- Must be able to work effectively alone under minimal supervision and complete assigned work targets in a timely manner.
- Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to efficiently evaluate, prioritize and handle multiple and changing work tasks and priorities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interpret and summarize scientific/technical results in a clear, concise, accurate manner.
- Demonstrated ability to formulate and solve problems.
- Must be flexible to work swing shift, weekends and overtime if needed.
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify