- Architecting a robust, highly resilient and fault-tolerant distributed avionics system
- Developing FDIR (Fault Detection, Isolation & Recovery) algorithms
- Selecting third-party/open-source software frameworks (RTOS, middleware, bootloaders, C/C++ runtimes) based on system-level and schedule requirements
- Selection of peripheral devices and interfaces for processing platforms
- Development of drivers and board-support packages (BSP)
- Participating in informal and formal system design reviews and fault tolerance analysis/FMECA
- Supporting flight operations
- Thorough understanding of C and C++ (C++98 or greater)
- Understanding of build tools and infrastructure (compilers, linkers, debuggers, C/C++ runtime libraries, CI tools)
- Detailed knowledge of software design from first principles on x86, ARM & PowerPC architectures (bootloaders, startup code, C/C++ runtime implementation)
- Development of hard-realtime software in POSIX environments
- Basic understanding of operating system kernel configuration fundamentals for real-time system behavior
- Detailed understanding of common software design paradigms (message-passing, event-driven, RAII, et. al.)
- Understanding of considerations when developing fault-tolerant software components such as error-tolerant file systems, communications agents, memory-scrubbing/EDAC
Additional useful skills:
- Experience with Modern C++ (C++11/14 or greater) or emerging systems languages like Rust
- Understanding of basic EE hardware design concepts
- Board design/bring-up experience
- Knowledge of analog/mixed-signal systems design
- Experience in controls/GNC (implementing state estimation, sensor fusion & similar algorithms)
- Working knowledge of communications security (commsec) and information assurance concepts
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify