PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking a VoIP Engineer , in Dallas, TX.
Conducts expert level technical communications assignments and projects for the Information Technology Department under minimal supervision. Directs or leads the work of others.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES: (functions considered essential as defined by ADA)
- Provides expert level technical support for complex to highly complex Voice over IP (VoIP), voicemail and network systems
- Provides VoIP and network incident and problem management
- Conducts VoIP and network communications studies, proposal generation, and system implementation
- Provides VoIP capacity, configuration, and performance management of internal and external networks traversing both Cisco and Juniper platforms
- Consults with company’s management and staff, providing VoIP, network, and telecommunications systems administration and maintenance, including creating and maintaining disaster recovery plans
- Works closely with service providers, both terrestrial and wireless, to report trouble and enable speedy resolution to functional problems and system outages
- Generates and updates documentation on operational procedures, VoIP network topology, and network databases , i.e., LIDB
- Works closely with other Network Analysts and Engineers to solve issues with network security, wireless devices, routing principles and other network incidents.
- Coordinates software, hardware and system installations and changes with vendors
- Writes clear, concise, and accurate documentation and provides training as required
- Tests and evaluates VoIP and networks systems to eliminate problems and make improvements in development, quality assurance, and production environments
- Recommends upgrades, patches, and new applications and equipment
- Completes special assignments and/or tasks assigned based on needs of the business
- As needed, relocates technical equipment to and from an assigned location
- Manages Mobile Device Management Platform and Application Integration
- Responsible for maintain a secure VoIP Platform
- Designs, provisions, and implements VoIP Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Architecture
Special assignments or tasks assigned to the employee by their superior, as determined from time to time in their sole and complete discretion.
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify