AKKA is searching for a Transmission Controls Engineer to join our team in Auburn Hills. This is your chance to work for one of the top automotive manufacturers in the world!
The Transmission Controls Engineer - Intermediate will be responsible for following agile development methods to support the design, development, implementation and testing of various drive strategy controls specifically related to shift scheduling, tcc release/lock-up, but may also include line pressure control, shift-by-wire, signal integrity and management, shift lever analysis and implementation. This role also has the possibility to support product reviews on current/advanced transmission products to ensure controls are implemented to meet controllability, robustness, and durability requirements as well as propose/design algorithm changes as needed. Responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Design and develop transmission control algorithms and validate these changes for production implementation
• Create requirements for implementing these algorithms into transmission software
• Perform verification and validation of these algorithms using SIL/HIL and in vehicle.
• Establish and execute design verification plans for control logic development
• Conduct design failure mode effects analysis for control logic changes
• Support transmission hardware improvements, cost reduction efforts through control logic development and other quality initiatives
• Support transmission calibration efforts by contributing to calibration guide and base calibration development
• Support calibration verification and release transmission calibrations for production
• Bachelor of Science in Computer, Electrical, or Mechanical Engineering
• Minimum 3-5 year of engineering experience, however, an advanced degree and/or academic research in a related field may count towards experience requirement
• Basic understanding of powertrain functions (transmission, engines, driveline)
• Good overall knowledge of transmission control systems related to drive strategy, shift scheduling, shift-by-wire, signal filtering, oil budgeting, and shift lever analysis
• Experience in standard development tools, modeling/simulation/development/testing/validation
• Experience in standard productivity tools (MS Office Suite)
• Outstanding interpersonal and problem solving skills
• Self-starter who is able to work cross-functionally with other organizations
• Highly motivated individual with a track record of "getting things done"
• Basic knowledge in micro-controller hardware and embedded software
• Must be able to work with multiple disciplines (mechanical, electrical and controls)
Must be a US Citizen
• Advanced/Master degree in Engineering
• Deep understanding of powertrain functions and Controls Algorithms focused on conventional combustion engines interfaces with transmissions
• Minimum of 5-10 years of powertrain development experience
• Subject matter expertise in transmission controls or specialist in one or more of the following areas:
• Line Pressure control
• Transmission Oil Budget Analysis
• Transmission Oil Usage modelling
• Shift Scheduling
• Signal Filtering/Conditioning
• Shift Lever analysis and implementation
• Knowledge of "C" programming language utilized in embedded code as well as MATLAB/SimuLink, Amesim, Borland/MSDN, Lauterbach
• Working experience with automotive development/calibration tools (ETAS, INCA, CDA, Vector, DOORS)
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify