The Senior Engineer I (II & III) will manage small, minor and major capital projects from end to end (concept, scope, cost, resources, funding, etc.) They maintain visibility to the design process and assure adherence to all established key components and project deliverable's and directly manage overall project execution including construction and commissioning. The Sr. Engineer will coordinate with the client as well as various other groups inside and outside of the organization.
1. Assist in development of pre-project approval documents including project charter, project management plan, project kick start, estimate and milestone schedule creation.
2. Monitor design progress and deliverable's are met in adherence to established project key components.
3. Receive design details from design team with full understanding of project deliverable's to coordinate bid package development and release for construction bidding and field execution.
4. Select contractors and contracting methods based on engineering ways of working methodology.
5. Direct and execute installation, construction and commissioning of assigned projects.
6. Manage adherence to project scope and secure approvals for all changes in projects based on engineering ways of working methodology.
7. Manage and control project budget providing cost forecasts and cash flow projections through development of project cost and status reports on at least a monthly basis or as requested by project stakeholders.
8. Manage and maintain project milestone schedules with integrated detailed scheduling as agreed upon in the project charter.
9. Provide construction management and plant startup assistance as needed to ensure successful project execution
10. Evaluate, select and issue contracts for construction firms through bidding and pre-qualification vetting processes.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (Minimum): Education: Minimum
Experience (Years/Type): Minimum
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering from an accredited University.
- 3 years experience.
- Requires experience in industrial manufacturing environments.
- Scheduling software knowledge (P6 or Project)
- Cost Reporting and trending through project management tools
- Microsoft Excel
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify