PDS Tech is seeking candidates for an Operator I position in Eugene, OR
- Operate processing and packaging equipment. Equipment includes: balances, labelers, band sealers, pumps, filtration systems, and other packaging equipment.
- Weigh, measure and check raw materials with assistance of computer interface to assure batches manufactured contain proper materials and quantities.
- Calibrate/operate semi-automated and automated manufacturing equipment.
- Perform in-process sampling and testing to assure batches meet specification.
- Comply with all company safety regulations and procedures.
- Follow all safe practices and SOP’s.
- Complete and maintain Quality Records in compliance with regulatory requirements, GMP’s and standard operating procedures.
- Maintain equipment and lab room to ensure proper operating conditions and cleanliness requirements.
- May be required to perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
Position exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action. Normally receives general instruction on routine work, detailed instruction on new assignments. Job encounters recurring work situations with occasional variations from the norm, involving a moderate degree of complexity. Works on problems where analysis of situation or data requires a review of identifiable factors. Accuracy is required in performing all functions of this position as mistakes in work could cause substantial interpretive errors.
Measures of Contribution/Impact
Contributes actionable ideas and suggestion to improve standard laboratory techniques. Demonstrated use of laboratory techniques and limited errors. Presentation to scientific peers, supervisors and advisors.
Key skills/abilities include:
• Demonstrated proficiency in the use of basic laboratory techniques, equipment and materials required. Assimilation of procedures and creation of lab work instructions where necessary.
• Demonstrated ability to carry out instructions required.
• Demonstrated ability to improve instructions or correct a previously unknown problem with instructions. Troubleshooting within normal protocol parameters.
• Demonstrated ability to keep clear and accurate experimental records.
Works in a laboratory environment. Is required to lift up to 40 lbs. May be required to stand for long periods of time while performing duties. Must be able to work safely with chemicals and hazardous materials. Must be able to work overtime and flexible shifts.
High School Diploma from accredited institution required. Associate degree or higher preferred
No previous experience is necessary, but laboratory exposure a plus.
Some experience in logistics with a life science company preferred.
Working knowledge of business computer software with logistics related databases desired.
Good computational skills.
Good multi-tasking and time management skills.
Ability to work under time constraints and with changing priorities.
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify