As a Splunk Data Administrator / Splunk Developer / APM tools expert / NPM tools expert improve customer experience by implementing Dashboards / Alerts to reduce time to detect, investigate and resolution. Work closely with Leadership team, Enterprise Architects, Technical leads, Developers, Product owners, Account Executives, Operation teams to build and implement end to end Monitoring Solutions. Additionally, responsible to automate the on-boarding process to eliminate the manual processes and create dashboards / reports to help technology / business leadership to understand the customer impact during an outage.
• Onboard new log files in Splunk
• Instrument applications with APM tools like CA APM, AppDynamics and Dynatrace
• Develop Synthetic monitoring scripts in CA ASM, Sitescope, Thousand eyes
• Onboard Applications on to Application Network Performance Monitoring tool like Extrahop
• Develop end to end monitoring dashboards, alerts and reports in Splunk, Extrahop, CA APM, AppDynamics, Thousand eyes etc as applicable.
• Develop monitoring both on-premise and cloud applications.
• Work on Extracting, Transforming, Analyzing, Visualizing, and presenting data from diverse business areas.
• Develop Splunk queries and dashboards targeted at understanding application performance and capacity analysis.
• Design and customize complex search queries and optimize performance the queries used in dashboards and Alerts.
• Automate manual processes using scripting languages (e.g. Unix, Python, Pearl etc.).
• Collect the requirements from SME’s, breakdown the application architecture, analyze monitoring requirements and create specific tasks for the junior members of the team.
• Educate internal customers on the tools and available dashboards, so that they can effectively use to reduce downtime and root cause analysis.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, a related technical or scientific field, or equivalent experience.
• 7+ years of scripting or software development experience.
• 7+ years of experience with large-scale financial systems architectures.
• 7+ years of implementing monitoring and performance engineering experience.
• 5+ years of experience in using Splunk, CA APM, AppDyanamics, Dynatrace, Application Network Performance monitoring tools, ASM, Sitescope.
• 5+ years demonstrated ability to work successfully in a fast paced, cross functional team environment.
• Splunk 7.x or above Power User Certification.
• Splunk 7.x or above Admin certification.
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify