PDS Tech, Inc is seeking a candidate for the Piping Designer position located in Kingsport, TN.
• Develops piping designs utilizing Plant 3D CAD software
• Assists project team in developing bids, proposals, scopes of work, estimates, schedules, material lists, design concepts, design drawings, and other project documentation
• Performs field surveying of existing piping systems for incorporation into design
• Generates equipment arrangements and piping routing from concept flow diagrams, P&IDs, and process specifications
• Maintains project files and documentation
• Certifies accuracy and completeness of all deliverable products and services in assigned areas of responsibility
• Develops project bills of material Develops piping isometrics, equipment arrangements, and piping supports from piping layout drawings
• Writes Work Order and Material Purchase Requests
• Coordinates work with suppliers, subcontractors, fabrication, maintenance and/or construction firms • Walks-down systems per P&ID’s and makes any as-built changes to drawings
Possess good verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Excellent team collaboration and team respect
• Strong work ethics and dedication
• Piping design for chemical / petrochemical plant
• Industrial construction / field experience
• 1+ years Plant 3D experience
• 5+ years experience in piping design with 3+ years in 3D piping design using AutoCAD, Intergraph (MicroStation, PDS, SmartPlant 3D), SolidWorks, etc.
• 3+ years Plant 3D experience
• High School Diploma / GED and 11 years relevant experience; Associate's Degree and 7 years experience; Bachelor's degree and 5 years experience
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify