PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking a Maintenance Mechanic in North Charleston, NC
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Work extensively on maintaining rotary injection molding machines and associated equipment; make multiple mold changes, repair molds, etc.
• Generates and completes maintenance/repair tickets as assigned and ensures that the maintenance log on individual equipment is kept up to date and accurate
• Possess trouble shooting skills in standard equipment.
• Troubleshoots equipment problems and perform immediate repairs and preventative maintenance on equipment.
• Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service
• Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments
• Perform regular preventative maintenance on machines, equipment and plant facilities
• Use a variety of hand held tools, meters and material handling equipment in performing duties
• Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas
• Perform all other duties as assigned or needed.
• Ensures that his/her work habits adhere to the Health, Safety and Environmental policies and practices of the department and the Facility.
• Successful candidate is reliable, an independent learner and a self-starter, able to trouble shoot and do PM work, can follow trouble-shooting procedures, analytical, knows LOTO procedures, safety-minded, good people skills when dealing with machine operators of all levels of experience to determine the running status of the equipment or maintenance requirements ability to work as a team
• 3 years of maintenance experience with manufacturing or other heavy equipment, with a fundamental understanding of mechanical and electrical principles or equivalent technical degree.
• 3 Years of working experience with hand power tools.
• Experience with injection molding processes or equipment
• Ability to read wiring diagrams and troubleshoot electrical systems
• Ability to analyze and troubleshoot hydraulic and pneumatic circuits
• Experience or demonstrated understanding of robotics programing, calibration and operation
• Experience in the assembly and dismantling of Production/Prototype machinery
• Ability to obtain a site license to operate fork lifts.
• Experience with welding (TIG and/or stick)
• Ability to lift 50 pounds without difficulty
• Frequent bending, reaching, stooping, constant walking, standing, and pulling and good vision
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT:
• Eye Protection Glasses with Side Shields
• Face Shield/Splash Goggles specific to the job.
• Gloves – specific to the job required.
• Steel Toe Shoes with metatarsals protection to be worn at all times
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify