PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking a DevOps Linux System Administrator with TS/SCI Poly clearance, in Aurora, CO.
Our client is seeking a talented and passionate Linux System Administrator to join our DevOps Transformation team in a classified environment. As a System administrator, you will be responsible for supporting our team and programs in their journey to adopt DevOps and Agile methodologies as a new way of working. Using these methodologies you will be constantly optimizing systems and services for security, automation, and performance/availability, while ensuring solutions developed adhere and align to architecture standards. As the Systems Administrator, you will work closely in a DevOps environment with the program personnel to ensure smooth execution of development and continuous integration.
This position requires US Citizenship with a current TS/SCI with CI Poly Government Security Clearance.
• Must be a US Citizen with a current TS-SCI clearance with CI poly.
• 6 years of experience directly related to Linux System Administration, including installation and maintenance of software and hardware.
• Experience administering Red Hat Linux based systems with minimal support, to include kickstart, patching (satellite servers), creating RPM packages, performance tuning, networking, user management, and security.
• Extensive experience with scripting, particularly in Bash and Python
• Experienced using automation tools/frameworks such as Terraform, Ansible, and Chef.
• In-depth experience with the deployment and administration of systems in Amazon Web Services (AWS)/Commercial Cloud Services (C2S)
• Experience with recent versions of VMware (ESXi and vCenter)
• Hands-on experience working with developer tools including Git, Arifactory, Bitbucket, CI/CD tools, and Jira
• Experience with containerization
• Experience using Agile/Scrum development methodology (SAFe, Scrum, Khanban)
• Must be able to lift up to 35 pounds in support of hardware installations.
• Must be able to travel up to 10% for installation support
• Must be able to support occasional after hour maintenance
• Required to provide pager (on-call) support
• Must have an active CompTIA Security+ or Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) Certification.
• NAS and SAN administration experience
• Experience administering Windows based systems
• Proficiency with Enterprise level administration of common services such as DNS, sendmail, and LDAP
• Strong analytic and research skills - must be detail oriented
• Linux and Windows integration tools (Centrify, Samba, etc.)
• Installation and management of fiber channel switches
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and troubleshoot problems with efficiency
• Requires the ability to effectively interact with external personnel on significant technical matters often requiring coordination between organizations and vendors
• Communication and diplomatic skills
• BS Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a similar technical related field, OR 8 years of experience in lieu of degree.
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify