PDS Tech is seeking to hire a Mechanical Designer in Annapolis, MD
You will originate design layouts and geometric models of complete systems or portions of a complete system. These designs involve intricate and complicated printed circuit assemblies, from design specifications and general instructions. You will coordinate the work of other designers and drafters in the preparation of related unit designs which may comprise a complete system.
1. Perform duties of designers and drafters of lower classification and in addition:
2. Originate design layouts and geometric models for complete new systems involving a large number of intricate and related parts and controls, complicated mechanical motions, complex structures with extreme stress requirements and/ or close tolerances. These layouts and models may be generated manually or on a CAD system utilizing conventional design/ drafting techniques. Develop engineering ideas and experimental concepts into basic designs working from sketches, design specifications and/or very general directions from the Design Engineer. This requires a comprehensive knowledge of the mechanical, electro-mechanical and/or hydraulic fields of design and drafting.
3. Make mathematical calculations in order to solve advanced design problems involving tolerances, electrical and mechanical clearances,fits, weight, effect of dissimilar metals, mechanism and machine elements, stress and the like in accordance with given formulae as to design equipment according to design specifications.
4.Confer with engineers, manufacturing operations, quality and supervisory personnel on problems affecting the design, manufacturing, and scheduling of projects to which assigned. Recommend the use of standard tools, parts, procedures, processes and the like.
5. Keep abreast of advances in computer (CAD) techniques, design, and drafting practices, design techniques, materials and processes and available standard design products of vendors which may be used in the design projects.
6. Recommend new or improved design and manufacturing standards, drafting practices, design techniques, materials and information release and control procedures.
7. Assist supervisor in providing estimates and reports relative to work efforts, coordination, scheduling, project design, progress and vendor follow, as required.
8. Execute complex engineering changes on existing equipment and, when requested, complete drawing change information either directly on drawings, on revision notice forms, or on other forms as appropriate.
9. Adhere to established procedures and practices as required.
Education Requirement: High school graduate or equivalent plus an Associate's degree in the field of design and drafting. Equivalent related drafting experience which demonstrates the ability to perform the duties assigned under this position may be considered in lieu of associate's degree. Must have studied algebra, plane and solid geometry, trigonometry, physics, and strength of materials.
Experience: Minimum of 10 (ten) years' of drafting experience in the electro-mechanical field. Must have a broad knowledge of the mechanical, electro-mechanical, and hydraulic fields of design. Must have a good working knowledge of manufacturing processes and the effect of design on cost. Must be able to present ideas effectively to other personnel in both oral and written form.
Clearance: Must be able to obtain a TS/SCI with Poly clearance
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify