PDS Tech is seeking a NIche - Senior Wordpress Debeloper in Lewisville, TX, for a 3-month contract with potential to go permanent.
• Create and maintain web content in Client WordPress instances in collaboration with stakeholders and teammates
• Manage and maintain WordPress platform and plugins
• Be ready to think through problems, help fix them, mentor and support others, think outside the box and ask questions.
Now, more specifically you would:
• Lead the development of WordPress sites collaborating with both domestic and offshore development teams.
• Develop responsive, standards-compliant HTML and CSS3 themes for WordPress
• Install, test, and debug WordPress plugins and develop new plugins as needed
• Evaluate designs for potential development issues and flag problems appropriately
• Conduct cross-browser and cross-device testing
• Prototype functionality for Legal and executive review
• Take ownership of initial code quality including unit testing
• Provide technical support to internal customers
• Be responsible for the health and maintainability of our codebase
• Monitor and maintain/enhance the ongoing performance of associated systems
• Other duties as assigned
• Graduation from a 4-year college or university with a degree in computer science or related field (equivalent work experience may be considered.)
• 5 years of professional experience as a software developer / programmer analyst with background in the skills below.
o Object Oriented Programming
o Software design patterns
o Ecmascript 6
o REST Services
o GIT Version Control
o Command Line $BASH etc.
o Web server technology - Apache, NGINX or similar
o Experience with Document Object Model (DOM) and Regex helpful
You’re a great fit if you have these skills:
• Expert PHP development
• Expert HTML & CSS skills with full understanding of web standards and responsive design techniques
• Experience with WP-CLI tool
• Basic understanding of accessibility best practices, Section 508 compliance and/or WCAG 2.0 standards
• Experience with Scrum and Agile Methodology
• Ability to estimate time and level of effort for front-end development tasks
• Excellent communication skills, attention to detail and ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment
• Detail oriented, well organized, able to thrive in deadline driven environment while working on a number of projects simultaneously and independently
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Experience with consumer-facing web sites
• Experience with Chrome debugger and development tools
• Grow expertise by proactively staying current with digital media and technologies
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify