PDS is seeking a RS Sheetmetal Tech Sr for an open position in St Louis, ILPosition Purpose
The Sheetmetal Technician Senior works under minimal supervision to safely lay-out, fabricate and install parts equipment and fabricated items on aircraft following established operating procedures. All work performed should be in accordance with company design specifications, quality standards and completed work should meet customer expectations. Mentor and train other Sheetmetal Technicians.Principle Duties and Responsibilities:Essential Functions:
1. Use complicated schematics/blueprints, engineering drawings and technical instructions to safely perform sheetmetal layout, fabrication, and installation of parts, equipment or fabricated items on aircraft. Coordinate with supervision and Inspection to ensure compliance with internal and FAA paperwork, sign-offs and quality specifications. 2. Mentor and train Sheetmetal Technicians, as required. Review their work prior to sign off to ensure work complies with quality control standards. 3. Oversee projects or other technicians and assesses requirements of assigned tasks to procure required. materials and documentation for assigned tasks. 4. Use blueprints to cut and form plastics and follow standard operating procedures when using adhesives, sealants and solvents. 5. Utilizing tools as required. to shape and form complex angles and configurations according to blueprint specifications or written/verbal information. 6. Safely operate shop equipment such as: brakes, presses, riveting equipment, shears, and hand tools associated with sheetmetal functions. Use the proper hardware for various sheetmetal applications. 7. Comply with all safety, 5S, and housekeeping policies. Uses personal protective equipment as required. Ensures aircraft is protected (PTP). 8. Conduct monthly 5S audits, as required. 9. Use the material tracking system to create parts demand, track squawks and to sign-off work. 10. Assist in developing initiatives to meet individual OGSM requirements, as required. Additional Functions:
1. Work closely with lead to develop and implement process improvements that increase safety, reduce cost, cycle time, and man hours. 2. Participate in continuous improvement activities (e.g. YIAW, Kaizen events, etc.) 3. Coordinate with other disciplines concerning projects. 4. Perform Lead responsibilities, as required. Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Four (4) years of sheetmetal and/or fabrication experience.
- Experience in aerospace industry preferred.
- Valid Driver’s License required.
- 2nd shift- Candidate must be able to work ANY shift!
- Contractor Must Provide Their Own Tools
Support Sheetmetal horizontal team
Other Requirements: 1. Advanced knowledge of sheetmetal or fabrication processes (forming, drilling, stamping, shaping, bending, punching, cutting, riveting, filing and dimpling). 2. Ability to read and interpret blueprints and engineering documentation. 3. Valid drivers license required. to operate towing and other transportation equipment. 4. Ability to read, write, speak, and understand proficiently the English language. 5. Demonstrates excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. 6. Adapts to sudden schedule changes. 7. Able to use tools and equipment associated with sheetmetal work. 8. Able to climb ladders and stairs, work in small restricted areas, lift up to 40 pounds and work any shift. 9. Must have a good working knowledge of computers and experience working with MicroSoft Office suite. 10. Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify