PDS Tech is seeking a Technical Illustrator Sr for an open position in Savannah, GA.
Prepare, construct, and revise of Orthographic illustrations, Axonometric projections, Wiring and Schematic diagrams for technical aircraft manuals and other related graphical publications utilizing electronic methodology.
Must create and manipulate graphics and using MicroStation and CADAM technical illustrating system.
Must be functionally literate with 3 dimensional graphics, surfaces, wiring frames, and solids.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Prepare, construct and revise MicroStation data (3-D, and 2-D data).
2. Prepare, construct, and revise orthographic illustrations, axonometric projections, and Wiring/Schematic diagrams on MicroStation.
3. Determine optimum graphic approach; independently prepare master artwork, charts, visual, booklets, and signs, working with all aspects of graphic arts production by utilizing electronic illustrating equipment.
4. Work with engineers, technical writers, customers, vendors, and suppliers to effectively visualize and conceptualize graphic design problems to include technical as well as non-technical graphics, color separations, overlays, and comprehensive type requirements.
5. Ensure illustrations conform to corporate, ATA 100, FAA, and commercial aircraft technical manual specifications and style requirements.
6. Maintain up-to-date knowledge of artwork techniques, materials, and equipment.
7. Experience working with equipment related to and associated with electronic illustrating tools, including: High-resolution scanners, PCs and related illustration software, printers, general knowledge of electronic publishing systems, related printers and data requirements. Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelor's Degree required or equivalent combination of education and experience.
4 years exp in electronic technical illustrating.
Ability to operate Micro-Station, Adobe Illustrator and other Adobe illustration software.
1. Ability to read and interpret wiring schematics, blueprints and engineering orders.
2. Background familiarity with CADAM, Catia, and CCD. Mainframe user level operations, networks, and scanners. SmarTeam experience a plus.
3. Knowledge of import/export of data files such as: (.dxf, tiff, .cgm, and iges) and electronic publishing are desirable qualities.
4. Knowledge of 3-D modeling and animation.
5. Working knowledge of Right Hemisphere software.
6. Video, motion or animation graphics experience a plus.
Experience with or knowledge of S1000D Illustration general rules and multimedia, 3D and 2D interactive content is desired
For Additional Information on this Opening Please Contact Heidi Smith at 843-628-5380
Email Your Updated Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify