PDS Tech is seeking a Senior Network Engineer, Parsippany, NJ 07054.
6 Months Contract with possible extension with possible extensions and Must be a US Citizen/ Green Card.
Needs to have good client facing skills as they will work directly with internal clients. Must have Hands on experience in layer-2 protocols (Spanning-tree), HSRP · Hands on experience in layer-3 protocols (EIGRP,BGP), route distribution, router filtering · Hands on experience configuring Cisco IOS
The Senior Network Engineer is responsible for design and development of network services and technologies to meet client and business unit requirements. Primary objective is to identify optimal networking and communications solutions that deliver long term capabilities, capacity, reliability and resiliency for the business units and clients to successfully maintain and grow their business operations
• This role involves understanding of the client and business unit requirements and designing and deploying optimal networking and connectivity solutions that enable clients and business units to achieve their operational and business goals.
• Required to prepare recommendations and supporting details for formal proposals for network connectivity and configurations.
• Day-to-day interaction with telecom providers, equipment suppliers and 3rd party network vendors, to engage their technical resources to perform tasks.
• Role sometimes requires scheduling and attendance on overnight maintenance windows.
• Resource can expect to routinely be called upon to analyze and interpret traffic and utilization of services on network connections.
• Participation in disaster recovery exercises, pre-production certification testing and troubleshooting events is expected.
• Coordinate internal operations to meet and exceed data communications project expectations (including but not limited to engineering/development, certifications testing, Network and IT Operations, capacity planning and production readiness.
• Accountable for resolving all project level, cross-functional, partnership issues and escalations.
• Manage partner/client expectations for data communications connectivity and related services to company products and applications, throughout project(s) lifecycle. Client expectations include functionality, cost, delivery schedule, support readiness and relationships (usually working directly with senior level technical resources, project managers and business decision makers at client).
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
• College degree or comparable certification in IT, telecommunications, computer science, or related field is preferred.
• 5+ years hands on experience required in design, planning, coordination and implementation of technology projects among multiple telecom and equipment vendors and customers.
• High organizational skills
• Ability to handle multi-tasks and meet deadlines
• Ability to work efficiently and productively with minimal direction or guidance
• Capable of exercising discretion and independent judgment
• Ability to handle extremely confidential information in a professional manner
• Ability to communicate, both verbally and written, with a high level of confidence
· Hands on experience in layer-2 protocols (Spanning-tree), HSRP
· Hands on experience in layer-3 protocols (EIGRP,BGP), route distribution, router filtering
· Hands on experience configuring Cisco IOS
· Prior experience with VRF, NAT/PAT
· Load balancer configurations (ACE, F5)
· NX-OS Experience
· Firewall Experience
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify