PDS Tech is seeking an RS Acft Tech II for an open position in Brunswick, GA.
Under minimal supervision, performs inspections, maintenance, and repairs of moderate to advanced complexity on aircraft systems and structures. Principal Duties and Responsibilities:Essential Functions:
1. Communicate as required to receive and understand work assignments. Perform complex aircraft inspections, repairs, and modifications with minimal supervision.
2. Coordinate with MTL, STM, and the Inspection Department to ensure compliance with internal and FAA inspection and documentation requirements. Properly complete CMP cards, work order sign-offs, and other paperwork in a timely and accurate manner. Assist as needed with shift turnovers.
3. Ensure that all work accomplished meets quality standards and specifications.
4. Properly identify (tag) customer property and equipment. Store aircraft components and other customer property securely and safely.
5. Follow standard operating procedures when operating ground support equipment (external power carts, hydraulic mules, hydraulic lift platforms, tow tugs, forklifts, compressed gas cylinders, etc.)
6. Coordinate, accomplish, and assist with aircraft movement in hangar and ramp areas.
7. Provide training to less experienced technicians.
8. Protect customer property (PTP). Additional Functions:
1. Properly collect and dispose of waste fuel, oil, hydraulic fluids, de-icing fluids, and solvent rags. Apply 6S and Lean Initiatives to keep shops, hangars, and aircraft work areas clean and uncluttered.
2. Implement and apply Lean/continuous improvement processes to all areas of responsibility.
3. Properly use and maintain Company-provided tools and equipment. Return items to designated storage area after use.
4. Comply with safety rules and procedures. Use protective equipment as required and be alert for unsafe conditions. Address unsafe conditions before putting people or property at risk.
5. Use the material tracking system to create parts demand, track squawks, and sign-offs, and to charge labor to correct work orders.
6. In support of aircraft certification and final phase testing, may include flight tests on aircraft as required.
7. Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- FAA Airframe and Powerplant certificate and 2 years of aviation maintenance experience or 4 years of aviation maintenance experience to include 2 years of experience working on mid/large size aircraft required.
- Valid Driver’s License required.
- This is a weekend - 3rd shift position.
- Candidates should be available for any shift.
- A&P preferred.
- Sheet metal experience is highly desired.
1. Working knowledge of the FAA regulations, process specifications, Repair Station and Quality Control manuals, and company policies and procedures.
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify