Provide Spotfire Analytics support for the Alaska Data Analytics efforts. This role is responsible to ensure successful end-to-end service delivery of Spotfire solutions. The position requires working with data warehousing team members, as well as interfacing with operations and engineering team members.
• Manage and apply best practices for Spotfire Server, Information Links, Calculated Columns and Library Architecture
• Provide Spotfire training for Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced classes upon request
• Collaborate and Consult with other architects (Database Architect, Information Architect, Integration Architect/Analyst, etc.) to leverage different design implementations and standards
• Apply Data Warehouse architecture, standards and processes as defined by the Alaska Data Architecture team
• Coordinate change implementations with the Business Analyst, customer, vendor and leveraged teams
• Develop and maintain application support documentation
• Develop and maintain testing plans and drive their execution
• Diagnose and solve technical problems related to reports
• Review and address performance concerns with design and solution recommendation
Required and Preferred Skills and Experience
• Senior level, typically 7+ years of experience.
• Expertise in TIBCO Spotfire, including the ability to teach others how to use the application
• Experience with other Business Intelligence (BI) analytics technologies and tools such as Microsoft PowerBI
• Proficient in IronPython language. Knowledgeable on R and Python languages.
• Knowledgeable on Oil and Gas Production & Reservoir Engineering data types – Well header, pressure, rate, volumes, forecast, etc.
• Knowledgeable on available technologies and methodologies (Teradata, Oracle, Data Warehouse) to leverage them appropriately
• Data Modeling and Optimization expertise
• Ability to write and troubleshoot SQL, PL/SQL, and Oracle database objects
• Proficient with Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
• Ability and willingness to provide day-to-day and occasional after hours’ support
• Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills
• Acts independently to plan and execute own work program
• Must be able to prioritize requests and multi-task
• Strong customer service and communication skills
• Takes ownership of actions and follows through on commitments
• Manages tasks to effectively and efficiently complete work responsibilities of self and other
|Education||Bachelor's Degree||Yes||5|| || || || || |
|General||Analytical skills||Yes||5|| || || || || |
|General||Business Intelligence (BI)||Yes||1|| || || || || |
|General||Data Warehouse Expertise||Yes||1|| || || || || |
|General||MS-Office Products||Yes||5|| || || || || |
|General||Attention to Detail||No||5|| || || || || |
|General||Organizational Skills||No||5|| || || || || |
|Skills/Experience||Data Modeling||Yes||1|| || || || || |
|Skills/Experience||Oil and Gas Industry||Yes||1|| || || || || |
|Skills/Experience||Oracle||Yes||1|| || || || || |
|Skills/Experience||TIBCO Spotfire||Yes||1|| || || || || |
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify