PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking an AES-Electrical Engineer in Wichita, KS
• Prepare engineering drawings for avionics and electrical system interface wiring using computer based drafting tools (IAI HarnesSYS).
• Perform analysis requiring frequent application of engineering principles.
• Will write technical descriptions of subject matter pertinent to design or test requirements. (Descriptions of supplier parts, test or rigging specifications, etc.)
• Prepare functional test documents for avionics and electrical systems.
• Prepare certification documentation including certification plans, ground and flight test plans and certification reports showing avionics and electrical systems compliance with 14 CFR Part 25.
• Will prepare, evaluate, and analyze avionics and electrical system design for completion of function hazard assessments and system safety assessments.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in aerospace industry.
• Previous experience with Part 25 Type Certification (TC) projects is required.
• Experience with avionics and electrical system design to the requirements of CFR 14 Part 25 is required.
• Experience with the design, development, and certification of an integrated Avionics Flight Deck is required. Experience with the design, development, and certification of the Garmin Integrated Flight Deck is strongly desired.
• Electronic drafting experience with IAI HarnesSYS electrical design program is desired.
• Strong computer, written and verbal communication skills required.
• Time management skills are required to work multiple concurrent projects of various size and scope.
• Experience with Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint are required, Visio experience is desired.
• Design knowledge of electrical bonding criteria, thermal cooling requirements for electronic equipment, EMI shielding, and High Intensity Radiated Fields (HIRF) / Indirect Effects of Lightning (IEL) installation criteria is considered a plus.
• Design knowledge of EWIS (CFR 14 Part 25 17.XXXX) is desired.
• Design knowledge of DO-160, DO-178, and DO-254 is required.
• Design knowledge of ARP-4761 and ARP-47545A is required.
• Experience with Head Up Display or Enhanced Vision System is considered a plus.
• Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology from an ABET accredited institution is required.
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify