Guides successful completion of major engineering activities related to the development and certification of the Navigation systems on the aircraft.
(1) Provides engineering oversight and/or dispositions of the system functionality for the Production build.
(2) Contributes to planning, coordinating and executing important engineering activities with team members, other groups within company, and suppliers
(3) Prepares and reviews necessary documents such as, but not limited to: system level requirements, equipment specifications, source control drawings, electrical interface control documents, wiring diagrams, certification plans, Rigs, ground and flight test procedures, etc.
(4) Selects appropriate methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria to resolve complex engineering issues.
(5) Coordination with Japanese authority (JCAB) for the certification requirements pertinent to the systems.
(6) Provides specialized technical assistance to team members.
(7) Anticipates and resolves complex issues in creative and effective ways, developing standards and guides for diverse engineering activities.
(8) Is able to balance technical activities with cost and schedule.
(9) Works under limited supervision; work should only be required to be reviewed for accuracy and consistency with meeting overall objectives.
The primary work location will be in Nagoya, Japan. However, the job may involve international travel. Deployment for extended periods to USA to support Flight Tests may be necessary.
Ideal candidate should have at least 10 years’ experience on commercial or business aircraft, and be proficient on Avionics Sensors system related to the majority of the following functions:l Air Data Computer (ADC)l Pitot Static Probes (PSP)l Angle of Attack (AOA)l Total Air Temperature probes (TAT)l Standby Flight Instrument System (SFIS)l Air Data Heating System (ADSHS)
Must be familiar with:
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical or aerospace engineering, a related curriculum, or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in the above listed Sensors functions.
- Ability to work with a global team with a variety of cultures and key project stakeholders
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. English is the official language in the work environment.
- Attention to detail and impeccable follow through
- Part 25 FAA and EASA certification requirements pertinent to the Navigation system.
- Engineering standards to design and develop aircraft level wiring diagrams
- Aircraft troubleshooting practices during functional tests
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify