PDS Tech Inc. is seeking a Structural Engineer II- Stress, in Louisville, CO
In this role, you will primarily contribute to flight design, using NX and/or Creo CAD. You will be assigned design tasks that may include design any of the following: primary and secondary flight structures, control surfaces, tube and harness routing, mechanisms, and GSE test hardware. In addition, you will be expected to conduct design review planning and execution, test planning and coordination, and non-conformance evaluation.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
• Support the development of primary and secondary flight structures for the Dream Chaser Cargo System through structural analysis, using both finite element methods and hand calculations.
• Proficiency with FEMAP/NASTRAN analysis tools and methods
• Familiarity with fiber reinforced polymer composites analysis including classical laminate theory and finite element modeling techniques is required.
• The analysts will work with test engineers to develop full-scale test conditions that successfully envelop flight conditions for critical failure modes.
• Originate specifications, control documents, verification and validation plans, procedures, reports, or other documentation in support of design and development activities
• Prepare material for, and conduct, periodic design reviews
• Execute engineering design and development activities consistent with Customer quality, cost, and schedule requirements
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
• Static test analysis and test correlation
• Laminate optimization
* Dynamic loads analysis
• Development and application of spacecraft and aircraft loads and environments
• Familiarity with progressive failure analysis and damage tolerance
• Familiarity with NASA and/or FAA structural analysis standards
• Follow SNC policies, procedures and work instructions for all technical activities
• Punctuality to work each day and prepared to work scheduled work hours
• Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Requires a BS in Related Field.
- Requires 3+ years of experience.
- Ability to rapidly work with minimal supervision on projects involving both small and large engineering teams
- Previous experience and skills in project definition, simulation, implementation, lab integration and test
- Must be able to work in a highly collaborative, fast paced environment with emphasis in rapid prototyping
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify