The Weights Engineer will work and lead following activities:
- Management of the aircraft weight & C.G.
- Aircraft weight reduction activity and design weight growth study
- Certification activity related to weight and C.G.
- Support of the sales, marketing, customer support, flight test, ground test and manufacturing tooling / process related to weight and C.G.
This will include interfacing with other departments, suppliers (systems and structures), authorities (JCAB, EASA and FAA) and customers (airlines) relating to the above activities.
2. Reports to:
Weight team leader or group leader of Aircraft specification Group or Chief Aircraft Integrators (up to level of the work and activity): as aircraft weight & C.G. and mass property specialist.
3. Work Location:
The primary work location will be in Nagoya, Japan. However, the engineer may be requested to relocate to Seattle or Moses Lake office (Washington State, USA) where aircraft flight testing is conducted. Short business trip to system and structure suppliers may also be requested.
4. Scope of Work:
Engineer will work as a team member of the Weight Team. There is a possibility to be engaged to the special team such as weight reduction team or new aircraft development team.
Basic work scope is to develop and finalize aircraft for type certification, and to improve the aircraft performance.
This activity includes;
- Check the status and forecast of aircraft weight and C.G.
- Gathering the weight data / information of system and structure components from design team and suppliers
- Check the status weight of system and structure component vs target weight
- Weight reduction activity
- Design weight growth study
- Determine or revise the design weight and C.G. envelope
- Preparation of weight report and mass data for analysis, tests and manufacturing tooling / process
- Preparation of weight and balance manual
- Measurement of the aircraft, major assemblies, components
- Improvements of weight data gathering and verification process
- All tasks required to perform above activities are considered within work scope; preparing / reviewing related documents, technical discussion with the team members, all related group such as aircraft performance, system, structure, marketing, and customer support.
- If requested, prepare presentation materials and/or attend the meeting or discussion with authorities (JCAB, EASA, FAA).
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify