PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking a Network Monitoring and Support Technician - OIG, in Rosslyn, VA.
Position Description :
• Configure / maintain network switches; knowledge of VLAN, STP, VTP, 802.1q, etc.
• Configure / maintain network routers; knowledge of OSPF, BGP, etc.
• Daily network monitoring of infrastructure leveraging tools
• Support / troubleshoot WAN / branch office data circuits
• Support / troubleshoot wireless technologies; experience with enterprise wireless design, deployment, maintenance, troubleshooting
• Support configuration changes within IPAM, DNS, DHCP
• Support RADIUS & 802.1x auth technologies
• Support / troubleshoot firewall solutions
• Configure / maintain load balancers
• Understand fundamental network concepts and protocols
Position Requirements :
• Work / track trouble tickets; work with customers to facilitate ticket closure
• Monitor, report, troubleshoot, and remediate nertwork issues; communicate findings to management
• Identify, diagnose, and resolve network problems; update monitoring based on problem resolution
• Work as part of a team on projects; ensure that monitoring requirements are part of project planning / execution
• Ensure that the OIG monitoring environment is secure, and that appropriate resolution, recovery, and redundancy issues are addressed
• Work with lead engineers to evaluate, test, and implement emerging industry monitoring technologies as appropriate to the mission and priorities of the OIG
• Work closely with all OCIO teams (IT Operations, Application Integration, Information Security, and Enterprise Services)
Section III: Experience :
• MUST have a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in a technical field such as Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, or related fields and a minimum of 9 years’ experience
• One or more technology certifications such as CCNA, Net+, and/or Security
• 4+ years’ specialized experience with monitoring platforms
• 2+ years’ experience with monitoring platform administration (including installation, configuration, and maintenance of monitoring systems)
• Organize, track, and document activities and resources associated with the development, installation, and maintenance of enterprise network monitoring requirements
• Document and communicate deployments and upgrades through a structured change management process; maintain a document repository
• Work on complex projects with network infrastructure components
• Implement, upgrade, and maintain enterprise network infrastructure and components
• Identify physical and/or logical interconnections for root cause analysis and configuration of correlating events within one or more monitoring platforms
• Enterprise view of an infrastructure environment
• Familiar with cloud infrastructure concepts and soft networks
• Work with new technologies and adapt to changing infrastructure requirements
• Troubleshoot complex networks
• Independent time management
• Must be able to obtain a Position of Public Trust Clearance – US Citizen or Permanent Resident (Green Card Holder), and must not have traveled outside the US for a combined total of 6 months or more in last 5 years.
• Must have resided in the US for the last 5 years
ADDITIONAL NOTES: Successful candidate shall possess the experience in configuring, maintaining, supporting, and/or troubleshooting one or more of the following:
• L2/L3 switches, Cisco Catalyst & Nexus, and/or HP Comware & Procurve
• Router technologies such as Cisco ASR/ISR, etc.
• Network monitoring tools such as SolarWinds, Statseeker, Splunk, SNMP, Netflow, syslog, etc. • Data circuits such as Internet VPN, site-to-site VPN, DMVPN, MPLS, QoS, Ipsec, GRE, SD-WAN, etc.
• Authentication technologies such as Cisco ISE, Aruba Clearpass, etc.
• Network technologies such as Bluecat, Infoblox, etc.
• Firewall solutions such as Palo Alto, Cisco ASA, Sonicwall, etc.
• Load balancers such as A10, F5, etc.
• Network protocols such as TCP/IP, OSI Model, etc.
• Cisco wireless LAN controllers
• Aruba Mobility controllers
• Converged telecommunications
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify