PDS is seeking an Material Control Specialist II for an open position in Savannah, GA.
Able to pass math and reading assessment. Must be able to obtain Q or PQ/RI stamp. Demonstrate experience in materials coordination. Basic knowledge of computer operation. One of these positions will be a weekend 1st shift and one will be a weekday 1st shift
Under direct supervision, performs a variety of activities within the Material Logistics process: DC/Warehouse distribution and shop floor control. Performs related CAS/SAP transactions within material operations. Principal Duties and Responsibilities:Essential Functions:
1. Release, interpret, process and track status of route cards to ensure accurate movement of materials.
2. Ensure proper handling and storage of material throughout the entire material flow process.
3. Unload delivery vehicles, sort material by destination and ensure material is moved by scanning material to proper locations. Check incoming internal/external material for mishandling and damages.
4. Move material from one staging/stocking location to another, using appropriate inventory transactions.
5. Responsible for the processing of material using automated systems; ensure the timely delivery of material.
6. Have the ability to process all unplanned demand orders within appropriate systems and expedite to using department.
7. Process parts through receipts of purchase or Manufacturing orders through the appropriate receipt process.
8. Must hold appropriate stamp qualifications to process material and generate parts identification tags. Comply with FAA regulations and Quality procedures.
9. Operate material handling equipment and company vehicles as required to move material.
10. Unload, load, and move engines as required: uncrate and move thrust reverses and nose cowls.
11. Responsible for part accuracy in assigned areas of material functions.
12. Responsible for packaging shipments of aircraft, non-aircraft material, literature and other items being shipped to customer or suppliers to meet needs.
13. May be required to work overtime, various shifts, and weekend coverage as required by production schedule.
14. Ensure housekeeping in work area. Comply with all company safety regulations.
15. Learn and apply Lean concepts within functional responsibilities. Support a continuous improvement culture including lean principles, sustainability initiatives, ergonomic improvements, safety, and cross functional teams.
16. Performs other duties as required.
Education and Experience Requirements:
High school graduate, GED or equivalent.
Minimum 2 years of material experience expediting and/or warehouse operations.
Must have Forklift experience and be able to work any shift
1. Performs work that is varied and that may be somewhat difficult in character, but usually involving limited responsibility.
2. Responsible for accuracy in assigned areas.
3. Capable of working in an automated inventory system.
4. Meet productivity requirements.
1. Able to pass math and reading assessment.
2. Must be able to obtain Q or PQ/RI stamp.
3. Demonstrate experience in materials coordination.
4. Basic knowledge of computer operation.
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify