We are seeking an experienced Senior Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) Engineer to join our CORE Engineering team. The EMC Engineer will be the technical focal and expert for all EMC related issues. This includes responsibility for EMC standards, requirements, strategies and approaches, and system level design, prototype, and testing.
CORE Engineering is a central team of engineering specialists that support projects across the system. The members of the CORE team are deployed within the system and sub-system teams across the company, using their expertise to support development and. The CORE team is also responsible for creation and enforcement of the company wide standards and processes for their disciplines.
The Senior EMC Engineer will:
• Create and develop Hyperloop One system EMC design while ensuring processes match global procedures and use state-of-the-art tools and approaches
• When needed, develop novel, advanced modeling approaches that are considered state of the art for sue by EMC specialists
• Conduct reviews and analysis for EMC compatibility, including running trade studies on issues of high importance
• Lead system level EMC testing: Initiate test plans and prepare reports of EMC testing, showing assembly compatibility or incompatibility.
• Track status of assemblies and subassemblies for which are proven to be compatible and which are known to have or potentially have compatibility issues
• Create and own verification and validation (V&V) plans and risk mitigation plans that have significant impact to the system.
• Develop Certification strategy including standards definition for VHO
• Communicate status updates in both technical and non-technical form to keep others current on project status.
• Define, coordinate, and integrate EMC technical and program issues to ensure that total system requirements are met
• Act as the point person for planning, and negotiating the EMC program/project with third party consulting
• Experienced EMC Engineer.
• Enjoys working with a diverse group of people in engineering and other disciplines
• Can effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment with little oversight
• Has deep technical knowledge, and can conduct research or confer with network of peers into issues and products as required.
• Experienced in working with third party suppliers.
• Highly self-motivated and directed.
• Keen attention to detail.
• Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
• Possesses strong written and verbal communication skills •
MINIMUM REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics, or related technical discipline with extensive industry experience
• Ability to use state of the art software tools in support of EMC testing and analyses.
• Proven ability to provide quality technical risk assessments for resolutions of EMC related problems or failure
• Expert knowledge of national and international EMC standards, such as DO-160 or equivalent from other industries.
• Expertise within the following areas:
o EMC analysis and testing
o design of hardware to mitigate EMC problems
o application and development of advanced principles, theories and concepts in EMC testing and analysis for assemblies, subsystems and system level
• Master's degree or Ph.D in Electrical Engineering, Physics, or related technical discipline with significant industry experience
• Experience leading EMC programs at a system level
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify