PDS Tech is seeking a Publications Engineer in Wichita, KS.
1. Responsible for completing engineering research, development and certification requirements for authoring/illustrating
new and sustaining model technical publications.
2. Utilize CATIA CAD and Arbortext authoring software to produce detailed 2D and 3D interactive procedures to support
the operation and maintenance of aircraft systems.
III. Utilize engineering flight test information to create and revise flight documents mentioned below:
a. Airplane Flight Manual
b. Pilot’s Abbreviated Checklists
c. Operating Manuals
d. Pilot’s Operating Handbooks
0. Ensure all data conforms to established design specifications and regulatory requirements.
1. Verify accuracy of content, instructions and illustrations
2. Collaborate with design engineers, project teams and customer service representatives.
3. Validate technical document procedures by conducting virtual (CATIA) and on-aircraft validations of part details,
assemblies and installations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Aviation, or related field.
- 2-3 years of experience.
- Relative experience in technical field is preferred.
- A&P and/or Pilot’s license a plus.
- An understanding of engineering data, with an ability to research and analyze engineering drawings and technical documents.
- Mechanical aptitude with experience and knowledge of aircraft operation, aircraft systems, aircraft maintenance practices and aircraft manufacturing.
- Familiar with FAA Regulations and Aviation Industry (iSpec 2200, S1000D, MilSpecs, etc.) specifications and guidelines.
- Experience using SGML/HTML/XML and/or Arbortext Editor preferred.
Professional and diplomatic demeanor with excellent verbal and written communication skills
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify