PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking a System Admin - Clearance, in North Richardson, TX 75082. Contact Elisabeth Laspe for details. 314-669-8020 email@example.com
6 month contract with possible extensions OR Contract to Hire. Must be a US Citizen and have an Active TS/SCI clearance w/CI poly to qualify.
• The System Administrator is responsible for troubleshooting, maintaining and implementing solutions to optimize the infrastructure operations.
• Analyzes and identifies all or part of a company's existing or new computer (and/or server), peripheral, network, and telecommunications systems requirements, taking into consideration the special technology needs.
• Establishes functional and technical specifications, solves hardware/software interface problems, defines input/output parameters, and ensures integration of the entire system or subsystem.
• This position requires TS/SCI clearance w/CI poly
• BS Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a similar technical related field, OR equivalent combination of education and experience (BS degree = 8 years relevant experience)
• 4+ years of experience directly related to Linux System Administration, including installation and maintenance of software and hardware
• Experience administering Linux based OS systems with minimal support, to include Linux sub-systems, patching, networking, user management, san management, and security.
• Proficiency with Enterprise level administration of common services such as DNS, LDAP, TCP/IP, and Microsoft Office Suite
• Strong hardware/software troubleshooting skills
• Must be able to lift up to 35 pounds in support of hardware installations
• Must have CompTIA Security + certification
• Hands on experience with IaaS hardware and SaaS software, including blades, disk systems, Citrix, Vmware, and x86 systems; demonstrated proficiency with Enterprise level DNS, TCP/IP, X windows, identity management, troubleshooting, and system hardening.
• Strong analytic and research skills - must be detail oriented
• Understanding syntax, format and interaction between Operating Systems (Linux, Microsoft Server and workstations)
• SAN Experience: experience designing and implementing storage for optimal performance. Experience should include setting up the storage to dynamically allocate/de-allocate disk from systems. Must have a thorough understanding of multipathing and RAID technologies. Understand disk communication over fiber channel and ten Gb Ethernet
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and troubleshoot problems with efficiency
• Requires the ability to effectively interact with external personnel on significant technical matters often requiring coordination between organizations and vendors
• Communication and diplomatic skills a must; significant interaction with various segments of the program.
• BS Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a similar technical related field, OR equivalent combination of education and experience (BS degree = 8 years relevant experience).
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify