PDS Tech is seeking an Ejection Seat Test Engineer in CO Springs, CO.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to join our expanding Ejection Seat Design team located on the front range of the Rocky Mountains in beautiful Colorado. The Ejection Seat Design team is a dream position for an Engineer wanting work with very challenging requirements, state of the art technologies, advanced materials, cartridges, rockets, computer-controlled devices, subsonic & supersonic aerodynamics, parachutes, aircrew equipment including advanced helmet mounted displays, and the appreciation for saving an aircrew life every few months.
The Ejection Seat Test Engineer will support the analysis and testing of ACES ejection seat components and subsystems. The position will provide engineering deliverables through qualification testing and the initial production implementation. The individual will propose new technology, create innovative design solutions, support design reviews, work directly with customers, drawing release/review and support testing of the product.
- Test Leader for small & medium (<$500K/yr) projects or potentially be the Lead Test Engineer for a subsystem design effort for large ejection seat program project.
- Successfully executes on test tasks required to develop and qualify aircraft ejection seats.
- Utilize NX 8.5 CAD and Team Center Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software to evaluate 3D design models and to facilitate the drafting department in producing drawings
- Review work submitted from the Global Engineering Center-India (GEC-I) and coordinate with appropriate Engineering Resources.
- Work as part of a cohesive engineering team and with the Integrated Product Development Team (IPDT) to test various aircraft seating products.
- Work as part of a cohesive test team testing ejection seats with state-of-the-art anthropometric manikins at ejection velocities from zero airspeed to beyond the speed of sound (800+ MPH groundspeed)
- Review requirements and evaluate new product test and functionality in support of meeting customer requirements and successful qualification efforts.
- Facilitate and execute necessary testing to ensure product safety.
- Interact with Program Management to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Assist Engineering Management to coordinate the timely delivery of product test and customer proposal requests.
- Conceptualize and prepare preliminary and final detail test documentation for systems, components, and assemblies.
- May occasionally design test fixtures, tooling, and aircraft fuselage mounts and undercarriages to mount to our test facility track.
- Adhere to all rules and codes of conduct.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Ability to visualize, test and evaluate cutting edge mechanical structure, mechanisms, cartridge actuated devices, parachutes, head/neck protection devices, arm restraint devices, leg restraint devices, torso restraint devices, survival equipment, etc. to enable safe ejection that meets the very stringent department of defense expectations for ejection seat performance.
- Detail oriented and thorough in all assigned tasks
- Innovative and driven to complete all assigned tasks to the project schedule.
- Strong customer skills and customer focus (both internal and external customers)
- Strong analytical skills including strong knowledge of physics, dynamics, and statics.
- Ability to work independently or as part of an integrated product team.
- Ability to multi-task with strong organizational skills and prioritize both daily issues and long-term projects.
- 100% dedicated to following all safety procedures and precautions.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to present test solutions
- Excellent computer skills, including skill in Microsoft Office applications and the ability to independently learn new software.
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify