PDS TECH is looking for a Senior Program Manager for our Orange County Client.
The Senior Program Manager serves as the Customer(s) primary Point of Contact POC).
Responsibility, Authority and full Accountability, including program P&L, for the successful execution and Customer Satisfaction of the Program under his/her leadership
Program bid, planning & control
- Responsible for the overall financial performance of the program
- Maintain the Business Case for the entire program life cycle
- Monitor and control program Non Recurring Expenses (NRE)
- Ensure profitability through Design To Cost (DTC) management
- Strong emphasis on Scope Control and Change Management
- Update program financials at least quarterly & determine root cause & corrective actions for variances
Primary Point of Contact with customer over the entire program life cycle
- Estimate non-recurrent & recurring costs targets
- Review customer requirements technical compliance matrix
- Create & maintain the program management plan
- Work with IPT to develop, baseline and maintain the program Integrated Master Schedule (IMS)
- Analyze and prioritize tasks on the Critical Path throughout the program life cycle
- Support the S&OP meetings and coordinate the program medium to long-range planning
- Ensure previous lessons learned are incorporated into program planning and control
- Identify and manage program (internal & external)
- Perform and maintain program risk & opportunity assessment ( quantitative and qualitative)
- Review the customer contract compliance and control scope
Oversee assigned Project Manager(s) and IPT work package leaders
- Communicate to the customer, commitments of the Business Unit
- Be responsible for arranging program progress reviews with the customer
- Report to the customer a progress status of the program, compliant with their follow up expectations
- Lead internal and customer milestone gate reviews ( e.g. PDR, CDR, PRR, etc)
- Capture and communicate lessons learned
Serve as primary liaison with Executive Management
- Set program priorities and provide strategic guidance on day-to-day program issues
- Establish program governance, including program key performance indicators (KPIs) & conduct weekly program review
- Prepare and lead IPT meetings with the IPT program reviews, working groups, etc
- Monitor KPIs, including earn-value management indicators, and ensure variances are addressed in a timely manner
- Monitor problem-solving and ensure root-cause corrective action and recovery plan is defined & executed
- Provide annual performance review input for IPT resources to functional leadership
- Identify and manage program inter-dependencies
Risk & Opportunity Management
- Provide the Voice of the Customer (VoC)
- Enable flow-down of “corporate directives” to IPT
- Provide strategic guidance from an operational perspective
- Support monthly review with documented corrective actions for any red KPIs
- Report roadblocks and execution gaps to leadership with a recommendation to resolve
- Support, advise and manage the design and implementation of common processes
- Deploy corporate standard Program Management initiatives, within the program
- Responsible for managing and controlling risks & opportunities
- Ensure all major risks & opportunities have assigned owners and mitigation/capture plans
- Determine required program resources needs through development and serial production
- Set priorities and work with functional leadership to ensure program resource needs are met
- provide development plans and coaching for assigned project managers
- Update program financials at least quarterly, including business case
- Provide fiscal year forecast
- Provide Long-term (5-year) comprehensive projection
Education: Bachelor’s degree required. Degree in Engineering preferred.
Experience: Minimum 12 years of program management experience, within a commercial aerospace environment required.
Computer Skills: Proficient in MS Project, competent with MS Office programs.
Other Skills: Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. Ability to build and maintain effective relationships, leadership skills, organizational skills, ability to analyze & summarize information, financial acumen
Preferred Qualifications: Project Management certification (e.g. PMI PMP) is highly desirable. Experience with LEAN principles and continuous improvement a plus.
Business travel up to 30-40%
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify