PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking a Machinist I, in Broken Arrow, OK.
• Sets up and operates a variety of machine tools such as CNC machines, lathes, milling machines, shapers, planers, and precision grinders to make parts, mechanisms, tools, or machines to exacting tolerances and dimensions.
• Interprets blueprints, sketches, and engineering specifications
• Determines sequence of operations, number of cuts required, and method of setup;
• Uses a variety of machinist's hand tools and precision measuring instruments;
• Makes standard shop computations relating to dimensions of work, tooling, feeds, and speeds
• Measures, marks, and scribes dimensions and reference points to lay out stock for machining
• Fits and assembles precision parts into mechanical equipment and determines material, parts, and equipment required. Some machines may be numerically controlled
• Monitor and verify quality in accordance with statistical process or other control procedures
• High School diploma, or GED
• Experience setting up and operating at least one of the following: manual mill, manual lathe, CNC milling center
• Manual and CNC machining experience - setting up and operate machine tools, lathes, milling machines
• Experience reading/interpreting blueprints and engineering specifications.
• Experience with standard shop math relating to dimensions of work
• Must have ability to lift and/or move up to 40 pounds
• Must be able to work overtime
• Sheet metal and fabrication experience is a plus
• Vocational education a plus
• 5S and Lean manufacturing knowledge is a plus
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify