ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES: (functions considered essential as defined by ADA)
Prepare and maintain an overall project schedule and 2-3 week look ahead schedules.
- Directs day-to-day management of one or more aspects of the Capital Projects Department., including providing maintenance and equipment reports, scheduling, procedures, materials, crafts, contractors, equipment, union issues, personnel issues, safety issues, and planning
- Provides strategic plans for department improvements
- Ensures goals and targets are met by the group and reports project status to management on a regular basis; and is responsible for performance management including employee personal development and yearly performance evaluations
- Provides input for departmental planning, budget monitoring and preparation, preparing annual budget items for capital project expenses
- Oversees the performance of personnel including contractors which may include compliance with all federal, State, and Company policies and procedures
- Ensures efficient/effective use of resources through the use of an effective work planning/scheduling process and contracting strategy
- Ensures work performed is free of defects including development/implementation of best practices
- Plan and execute capital projects and turnarounds
- Thoroughly understand the contract documents, scope of work, specifications, and drawings on assigned projects.
- Develop works scopes and supervise various staff such as Maintenance Supervisors, Maintenance Engineers, Warehouse Foremen, Pipe Fitter/Welders, Insulators, Instrument & Electrical crafts, Equipment Operator/Craft Helpers, and Yard Laborers
- Maintain contractor and vendor relationships
- Establish and communicate contractor performance expectations, monitoring for compliance and identifying gaps for management intervention; meet with contractor management as needed, and improve efficiency of contractor performance
- Ensure that contractors maintain a current set of as-built drawings, and control master plan documents.
- Ensure all work meets and or complies with standards and specifications.
- Oversee procurement for the project ensuring best value purchasing of materials, equipment and subcontracts through competitive bidding and negotiation.
- Prepare and submit for approval scope and contract change orders.
- Oversee cost reporting to project managers: approve contractor timesheets: audit contractor timekeeping and work efficiency: and scope, review and approve contractor bids
- Prepare a monthly forecast to complete for projects with input from subordinates to predict as accurately as possible the financial outcome of assigned projects incorporating changes in contract as well as changes in project conditions.
- Oversee the completion of punch lists and project close-out.
A minimum of 10 years of industrial project execution / maintenance experience or equivalent engineering experience, with five years of supervision experiences required depending on assignment
A minimum of a Bachelor's degree, preferably in a science or engineering related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience is required.
Ability to lead and direct a large workforce of foreman, planners, contractors and craftsmen or other associates. Ability to oversee multi-discipline activities. Strong organizational skills; good computer and multi-tasking skills; and ability to effectively communicate with others, both verbal and written communication, with basic reading and writing skills. Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations. May require working knowledge of various functions including supervision, planning/scheduling, field execution, turnarounds, contract administration, and project management.
Demonstrated knowledge of methods of construction practices and project execution. Practical knowledge of construction trades. Have excellent communication skills and related team-building skills required to instruct, motivate, and manage field employees and to communicate effectively. Work collaboratively in a team environment with a spirit of cooperation.
Responsible for the direct supervision of up to 15 employees and/or contract staff depending on location.
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify