The Supplier Development Engineer is an engineering and supplier facing position responsible for driving operational excellence with strategic partners in alignment with corporate objectives.
The position is intended to identify, assess, and scale new and existing supply chain partners. As well as, collaborate with strategic partners to develop, track, and improve operational efficiencies, yield and quality.
- Evaluate and qualify suppliers based on key supplier selection criteria. (Product Realization, Supplier Performance, Cost Targets)
- Monitors, delivery and quality performance, trends and corrective actions.
- Establish, track, and trend key supplier performance metrics.
- Use data analytics to make recommendations on actions.
- Identify, quantify, prioritize, and drive supplier improvement projects.
- Review, approve, and release engineering change orders to suppliers.
- Develop and execute qualification plans with engineering and manufacturing teams.
- Initiate and train supplier in the PPAP (Production Part Approval Process) as required.
- Understand and represent supplier capabilities to engineering teams during program design changes / development.
- Provide input and update internal supplier selection and qualification processes.
- Education and Experience Bachelor’s degree (BS) in Engineering or a related technical discipline.
- 5+ years of experience of related experience.
- American Society for Quality certification desired. Lean training desired.
- Six-Sigma certification highly desired and must be open to certification post hire.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Comprehensive knowledge of PPAP, APQP, SPC, PMP, GMPs.
- Knowledge of aerospace industry or similar products.
- Knowledge of Aerospace Special Processes (welding, non-destructive testing, heat treat)
- Ability to effectively assess and implement continuous improvement techniques to quality and manufacturing functions.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret engineering drawings, technical data, quality policies and recommend changes to procedures.
Benefits we are proud to offer you:
- Medical, Dental, Vision coverage
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- 9/80 Alternative Work Schedule with every other Friday off
- Company-paid Life & AD&D Insurance
- Supplemental Life & AD&D Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- On-site Cafeteria
- Direct Deposit
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify