PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking a Sr. Systems Engineer, in Merrifield, VA 22031. Contact Elisabeth Laspe for details.314-669-8020 email@example.com
7 month Contract To Hire. Must be a US CItizen or Green Card Holder to qualify. Must be able to obtain a Postal Sensitive Clearance. Must not have traveled outside of the United States for a combined total of 6 months or more in the last 5 years. Must have resided in the US for the last 5 years
• Responsible for overseeing the systems development life cycle (SDLC) process including business needs analysis, requirement gathering, information system architecture, design, integration, implementation, QA, deployment, and production maintenance.
• Create and maintain project plans and schedules, set milestones, assign resources, and identify/mitigate risks to ensure successful execution.
• Manage team leads, engineers and analysts, assigning tasks and priorities according to project plan. Review progress and lead discussions of outstanding issues to identify appropriate solution.
• Oversee activities of vendors providing hardware and software solutions related to the project.
• Coordinate major releases with local and remote deployment support teams, as well as briefing customer group representatives on new features and changes.
• Interface with customer groups to understand business needs and drive effective requirements gathering.
• Manage iterations of design, implementation, and deployment efforts. Keep customers engaged to ensure that the final work product meets customer expectations.
• Review proposed new features and connectivity to provide feedback on feasibility and potential impact
• Update documentation on server hosting environment configurations including hardware description diagrams, Server OS and middleware versions and permission and privilege settings
• Maintain server alignment with target configuration by inspecting servers for proper configuration, updating server configurations as needed and making sure all server configurations are in sync
• Monitor server health in all environments including patching reviews and status monitoring for Windows and Unix servers.
• Support code deployment by maintaining Subversion (SVN) control for code, merging different trunks of code to create release images and code release packages.
• Create code release packages, build automated code deployment scripts ensuring that all code deployment and roll back instructions are provided.
• Provide System integration support documenting interfaces detailing ICD of APIs and connectivity with other client systems.
• Provide systems incident support by facilitating efforts to troubleshoot issues using knowledge of server hosting environment, application and relevant technologies to triage incident symptoms and identify possible causes
• Perform load testing support by identifying load test scope and needed volume to properly stress test server APIs. Maintain load test scripts for Load Runner and JMeter. Identify additional automated load testing tools and methods.
• May provide technical guidance for database administrators and software developers
• Bachelor’s Degree and 12 years of experience in Information Technology field required, OR a Master’s degree and 9 years of experience.
• 8 years’ experience in project lead/management position to include creation of schedules and identify/mitigate risks.
• 5 years’ experience with documentation support to include developing/updating technical designs, guides and reports.
• 3 years’ experience working hardware centric programs or projects
• 3 years’ experience with Unix and Windows operating systems.
• 3 years of mobile application development experience
• 2 years’ experience implementing API connectivity.
• Familiarity with HTTP/HTTPS, Winsock
• Able to make use of built-in hardware such as keypads, barcode scanner, camera, Bluetooth radio, touchscreen, speakers, microphone, etc.
• Working familiarity with XML and JSON.
• Experienced providing oversight and support to other team leads, engineers and analysts, ensuring high quality of deliverables produced.
• Experienced coordinating project efforts with cross functional teams.
• Experience reporting status to customers and senior leadership.
• Must be a self-starter.
• Must have strong analytical skills.
• Must be able to clearly communicate (both verbally and written).
• Position does not offer relocation assistance.
• BS Degree in Electrical Engineering and/or Computer Science
• Prior Postal Experience
• Experience with IMDAS RIMS MDD
• Experience in Pearl, Python or Tcl/Tk Scripting languages
• Experience with Load Runner and JMeter
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify