PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking a Mechanical Technician/ Hardware Assembler, in Minneapolis, MN.
Seeking an experienced precision mechanical technician or hardware assembler to work in its product development laboratory. This position will support engineering development, highly complicated product assembly, and testing efforts by fabricating precision mechanical equipment; including equipment troubleshooting and repairing assemblies and equipment, setting up and running hands on and automated test equipment.
Required skills include proficient use of developmental laboratory tools; such as precision mechanical tools, machining tools, application potting & adhesives materials, and basic test/measurement equipment.
Specific skills include:
• Able to read and interpret technical drawings and documents
• Conduct testing and generate report data. • Perform calibration and alignment checks.
• Make equipment adjustments, modification, and replacement as directed.
• Perform set-ups and fabricate per engineering instructions and test R&D hardware.
• Able to work with a group or team and also work independently with little supervision
• Experience assembling highly compact mechanical and electrical components
• Familiar with industry mechanical standards & practices.
• Able to fabricating and repairing highly dense, physically small & fragile components.
• Maintain a safe work environment and ensures compliance with safety objectives and policies
• Fabricate mechanical, electrical or plastic parts (e.g., sheet metal, circuit boards, moldings) from sketches/drawings and prepare samples for testing. Operate equipment necessary to fulfill these duties
• Minimum of 7 years as a technician performing related tasks, either in a production or prototype environment.
• 2 year technical degree in electronics.
Preferred skills include proficient use of complex fabrication equipment, assembly to extremely tight tolerances and standards, and able to understand complex engineering drawings and data.
• Assist directly with engineers in the design and development of new systems and equipment
• Develop and prepare technical drawings, design specifications, and parts lists, or makes recommendations regarding these items
• Review designs, specifications of test equipment, or tools for adequacy
• Conduct tests or experiments requiring selection, set-up, operation, maintenance, and calibration, troubleshooting or repairing a wide variety of critical test equipment
• Testing may also require the troubleshooting of electronic, electrical, mechanical, and/or hydraulic systems.
• Determine engineering/test data to be collected, extract information, and perform calculations to analyze test data. Document test procedures and write detailed reports on test results
• Conducts product, prototype or laboratory testing, analyzes and reports test results • Trained and proficient using industry CAD tools, such as CERO.
• Desire experience, 10 years + working in an engineering product development, test, or production environment.
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify