PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking a Embedded Software Development Engineer, in Minneapolis, MN 55421 Contact Elisabeth Laspe for details. 314-669-8020 email@example.com
12 month Contract Must be a US Citizen to qualify.
• The candidate will be responsible for software development and software requirements verification testing for a tracked combat vehicle’s embedded software components in both lab and vehicle environments.
• Creates, plans, and performs a variety of software analysis, design, development, code, documentation, integration, test, and product assurance tasks.
• Responsibilities include design and maintenance of existing Ada/C++ software as well as development activities to support new capabilities.
• Contributes to the development of engineering design models and develops software to enhance, implement and support project/system functionality for the assigned technical effort.
• Ensures technical outcomes are consistent with established engineering principles and practices and that customer and company technical, system, performance, and quality requirements are met.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Performs engineering design, development, analysis, experimentation, test and/or product assurance tasks for assigned portions of a project
• Ensures tasks meet cost, quality, schedule, and performance requirements
• Applies engineering design and/or analytical theory, principles, techniques, and practices to a technical project
• Develops and writes technical documentation, revises existing documentation, and provides input to technical papers or presentations
• Performs technical analysis, testing, calculations, and evaluation of results using specialized equipment and/or by computer programs
• Analyzes and interprets design specifications, drawings, documentation, models, and/or test results to ensure technical designs comply with applicable engineering standards, military specifications and product requirements
• Develops and maintains effective relationships with customers to solve technical problems and implement solutions
• Maintains a safe work environment and ensures compliance with safety policies and rules
Skills/Experience/Education Required :
• Minimum of 6 years in a position as a C++ developer.
• C++ design and coding skills
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
• Ability to solve technical design and development problems
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Ability to use and apply fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures relevant to software development
• Familiarity with the Linux/Unix Operating System
• Familiarity with Source Configuration Management tools such as Git or Subversion
• Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with customers to solve technical problems
• Knowledge of fundamental software engineering concepts, practices, and procedures.
• Understanding and working knowledge of Software Requirement, Design, Development, & Testing Principles
• Familiarity with C++ compilers, software development support tools and associated environments
• Experience with Software configuration management tools (i.e. Git, SVN, etc.)
• Experience with Software issues tracking software (i.e. JIRA, Bugzilla, etc.)
• B.S. degree in a Software Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or relevant technical discipline; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• Strong coding skills in both Ada and C++
• Use of UML modeling tools such as Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect is a plus
• Competent with scripting languages (i.e. Bash, Perl, Python)
• GUI Development with QT
• Development experience using C++ and Ada
• Experience with Linux and embedded operating systems such as LynxOS
• Experience with low level Analog/Digital IO
• Familiarity with vehicle / computing communication bus technology (Gigabit Ethernet, RS-232, CAN) and their protocols
• Troubleshooting experience involving Ethernet and CANbus
• Familiarity with embedded systems
• GUI Development with QT
• Familiarity with OpenSplice or DDS
• Familiarity with military embedded systems software development
• Familiarity with commercial design standards
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify