PDS Tech Inc. is seeking a Mechanical Engineer, in Grand Prairie, TX.
The Mechanical Engineer Entry Level (Contract) is responsible for implementation of shadowed carts and totes for parts and tools.
This assignment is expected to be approximately six (6) months in duration.
Coordinate with Internal Customer 20%
- Meet with internal customer to determine parts/tools needed for each cart or tote.
- Meet with internal customer to determine appropriate location for parts/tools on carts.
Design Layout of Carts and Tools 70%
- Prepare digital drawings for carts/totes.
Coordinate with External Vendor 10%
- Work with vendors for cutting of material used in carts/totes.
Other duties as assigned.
Priorities will be established by the department management. This position will report to the Industrial Engineering Manager who will manage principal activity. As defined, this position will have no direct reports.
Job Dimensions, Contributions to Success:
Set milestones for project implementation and follow through to meet commitments.
Nature of Contacts:
- Moderate Communication on a daily Basis with internal and external parties
- Communicate, negotiate and be considerate of another's point of view
- View problems as opportunities
- Evaluate solutions by focusing on the needs of the organization
- Be inventive about win-win scenarios
- Make clear concise agreements
- Onsite: Grand Prairie, TX facility 100% of the time.
- Vision: able to see and read computer screen and other electronic equipment with screens, able to read documents, reports and engineering drawings. Computer 70% of each day
- Hearing: able to hear to participate in conversations in person and via teleconference or phone and to hear sounds on production floor including safety warnings or alarms. 20% of each day
- Speaking: able to speak in conversations and meetings, deliver information and participate in communications. 20% of each day
- Equipment Operation (personal computer, telephone, copies, fax machine, and related office equipment and using electronic identification card to enter building floors and internal doors): able to operate most office and personal electronic equipment and some tools including production tools such as hydraulic lifts. Several times per day
- Carrying: able to carry documents, tools, drawings, electronic equipment up to 30lbs/14kgs. Several times per day
- Lifting: able to lift documents, tools, drawings, electronic equipment up to 30lbs/14kgs. Several times per day
- Pushing / Pulling: able to push and pull small office furniture and some equipment and tools. Several times per day
- Sitting: able to sit for long periods of time in meetings, working on computer. 70% of each day
- Squatting / Kneeling: able to squat or kneel to retrieve or replace items stored on low shelving.
- Standing: able to stand for discussions in offices or on production floor. Several times per day
- Travel: able to travel independently and at short notice. Not required
- Walking (include routine walking such as to a shared printer to retrieve documents): able to walk through office and production areas including uneven surfaces. Several times per day
Qualified Experience / Skills / Training:
- Required: Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Required: 2 years of AutoCAD experience in any field of engineering.
Knowledge, Skills, Demonstrated Capabilities:
- Must have the ability to read and interpret blueprints, sketches, diagrams and technical instructions.
- Must be able to operate a variety of standard and specialized hand tools, power equipment, measuring devices and test equipment.
- Able to communicate effectively with internal customers and external vendors.
Communication Skills (Spoken, Written, Influencing, Proficiency in Other Languages):
- Ability to communicate with internal customers and external vendors regarding design and build of shadowed totes and carts.
Technical Systems Proficiency:
- Proficiency in AutoCAD is required.
Citizenship: Authorized to Work in the US
Decision Making, Complexity:
- Problem Solving & Decision Making - identify and solve problems, develop innovative solutions, act decisively and display good judgment.
- Conflict Management - support and manage differences of opinion. Use consensus and collaboration to debate and resolve issues.
- Be adaptable, flexible and assertive when required. Be recognized as a results oriented team player that constructively supports AHI organizational goals.
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify