Legacy Engineering, a division of PDS Tech, is seeking a Mechanical Design Specialist - Fire Protection System for the Regional Jet Program.
The primary work location will be in Nagoya, Japan. However, Engineers may be requested to relocate to Seattle or Moses Lake (Washington State, USA) where aircraft flight testing is performed.
The Fire Protection System Engineer will work as an Mechanical Design Specialist for ATA 26-10 (Fire & Smoke Detection) and ATA36-20 (Bleed Leak Detection), and support the overall FPS works including ATA 26-10, ATA 36-20 and ATA 26-20 (Fire extinguishing). This includes interfaces within the FPS team and all other engineering teams; as well as interfacing with the FPS component suppliers in order to achieve the correctness and completeness necessary for FPS certification in the regional jet program.
- Basic work scope is to provide technical assistance to the development and certification of the regional jet program, focusing primarily on FPS performance assessment and optimization.
- This activity includes the following for designing ATA26-10 and ATA36-20.
- Have the necessary technical background and competence in the system design as defined in this SOW scope.
- Prepare and review the drawings, design specifications and mechanical / electrical interface control documents.
- Be involved in Validation & Verification activities including requirement definition, verification planning, review of verification evidences.
- As required, conduct interface meetings with the FPS component suppliers.
- Support qualification activities of FPS components
- Prepare and review FPS test specifications, test plans, test procedures and test reports for the company and type certification tests.
- Coordinate with internal members, suppliers and authorities towards executing type certification tests.
- Prepare analysis documents, test compliance plans of analysis, and execute tests.
- Interface with the flight test team in Nagoya and the Seattle Head Quarter and Moses Lake Flight Test Center to follow the FPS system tests conducted. Responsibilities include participating with the FPS team to prepare and/or review responses to flight test problem reports, review of test data and ground and flight test plans and test reports.
- Perform or assist with inspections and on-aircraft troubleshooting.
- Assist with identifying problems, adjusting and repairing systems during the troubleshooting process according to specifications, technical drawings, manuals and established procedures.
- Lead resolution of design challenges and any issues relate to aircraft certification.
- Act as an interface for the identified FPS ATA with the involved design specialists, FPS system supplier and subcontractors, in particular with the Interior Group.
- Be fully involved in supporting the Design Change process and activity.
- Perform other related tasks as assigned by the Team Leader.
- Be prepared to work as a team member in a multi-cultural and international working environment at the Headquarter based in Japan.
- The engineer must be able to utilize interpersonal and communication techniques, working in a team environment as well as identifying potential issues with the ability to plan and implement short and long term goals in aircraft development.
- This activity includes the following for supporting overall FPS works including ATA26-10, ATA26-20 and ATA36-20.
- Control the drawings release by communicating with the outsourcing companies.
- Control the document release.
- Internal documentation for purchasing.
- Each Engineer is mandated to meet the schedule by resolving problems and mitigating risk. Coordinate Interaction with other stakeholders (etc. PMO (Program Management Office), SCM (Supply Chain Management), and other engineering teams)
- All tasks required to perform above activities are considered within work scope; initiating/ reviewing related documents, discussion with relevant parties
- Work Experience and Skillset:
- Over 5 years experienced for designated design area.
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify