Legacy Engineering, a division of PDS Tech, is seeking a Braking Systems Specialist for ATA 32 for the Regional Jet Program.
The primary work location will be in Nagoya, Japan. However, Engineers may be requested to relocate to Seattle or Moses Lake (Washington State, USA) where aircraft flight testing is performed.
The Engineer will work on Landing Gear Systems and Hydraulic Systems with the development and certification of the regional jet. In particular with the Braking Systems design including both hardware and software. The work scope includes but is not limited to the following:
- Evaluating the current design, with respect to compliance to all applicable braking systems requirements including those related to the airworthiness regulations of JCAB/FAA and EASA.
- Review and validation of the requirements for the braking systems.
- Coordinating integration of design changes originated from requirements, analysis, testing etc.
- Leading verification and showing of compliance activities including: Design Reviews, Inspections, Analysis, Technical Calculations, Simulation, Rig Tests, Ground and Flight Tests, Inspections, and Equipment Qualification.
- Interfacing with the team members and all other stakeholders including: Design, Systems, Structures, Performance, Electrical power, Test, Flight Operations, Manufacturing, Customer Support, Suppliers etc.
- Managing the technical requirements of contracts with applicable system suppliers and other interfacing suppliers as appropriate.
- Providing expertise to assist in resolving the braking systems performance during Rig testing, and Ground and Flight testing.
- Preparation and review of certification documentation for the braking systems.
- Presenting and discussing the braking systems design and compliance with the Airworthiness Authorities (JCAB/ FAA and EASA).
- Preparing and maintaining planning inputs for the braking systems activities including schedule and resourcing.
- Delegation and management of the brake systems team member responsibilities.
- Reporting of the braking systems progress and issues to management.
- Performing Engineering governance in accordance with processes.
- Education of team members about professional knowledge in braking systems design and certification.
- Degree or equivalent in Engineering; Mechanical or Aerospace preferred.
- 10+ years of experience with aircraft Braking Systems.
- Experience with team leadership and management.
- Strong working knowledge of civil aircraft Pat 25 regulations and associated guidance material, specifications, and aerospace recommended practices.
- Ability to lead discussions with airworthiness authorities.
- Experience with system integration leading discussions with suppliers.
- Requirements Validation and Verification experience including knowledge of ARP4754 and use of IBM DOORS.
- Knowledge and experience with equipment qualification in accordance with DO160.
- Experience with system rig testing and aircraft ground and flight test.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Project management experience is beneficial.
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify