PDS Tech is seeking a PLM Configuration Analyst II for an open position in Savannah, GA
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:Essential Functions:
- Under minimal supervision, perform engineering work related to configuring, deploying, maintaining, and upgrading CAD and Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) applications and processes.
- Responsible for tasks related to the development and deployment of systems, methodologies, standards and processes that result in the ability to create and manage high fidelity digital data for products.
- Perform tasks to ensure PLM systems integrity and manage all product configuration data and information throughout the products lifecycle.
- Provide support for the development of training courses for CAD and PLM Applications.
1. Execute plans, according to schedules, for engineering assignments.
2. Responsible for engineering feasibility of CAD and PLM solutions for complex assignments or full project of minor complexity.
3. Coordinate activities for lower level engineering staff assigned to specific projects.
4. Actively work to improve daily processes, to ensure all CAD and PLM systems meet customer requirements.
5. Analyze user needs to determine engineering and product data requirements, CAD and PLM functional requirements, and perform analysis as well as process and data modeling to meet user needs.
6. Recognize discrepancies and/or problems with analysis, process mapping or system implementation results and work toward corrective action.
7. Tailor CAD and PLM applications functionality, to established requirements, policies and procedures.
8. Develop system queries and utilities to support users information researches
9. Assist in the testing and implementation of new deployment or revisions to the CAD and PLM systems.
10. Execute tasks for producing Product Structure and Engineering Bill of Material for use in production and QA.
11. Execute tasks for coordinating the release of product definition data, change management and product configuration management, including quality control and change reporting.
12. Ensure proper security, archiving and audibility of product releases.
13. Analyze, monitor and report business and system status metrics.
Ideal candidate must possess the following:
Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a related curriculum required or or an equivalent combination of appropriate education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. 3 years of engineering or IT experience. 1 year experience with CAD and/or PDM tools (CATIA and ENOVIA SMARTEAM preferred.). 1 year Database experience, data migration/conversion or related experience preferred.
Additional Functions: 1. Provide training on new functionalities and upgrades. 2. Ensure compliance with FAA regulatory requirements for management and control of all type design data. 3. Maintain a current and up-to-date knowledge of developments in a specific discipline and/or other related aircraft fields in order to recommend innovations to improve the quality, economy, and effectiveness of the company product. Perform other duties as assigned.
Other Requirements: 1. Experience with CAD and PDM tools (CATIA and ENOVIA LCA, VPM preferred). 2. Previous experience with digital pre-assembly of product components (aerospace preferred). 3. Experience in process mapping and other process improvement techniques preferred. 4. Familiarity with computer-aided design, manufacturing and product data management systems. 5. Basic knowledge of design engineering and manufacturing engineering applications and processes. 6. Proven computer literacy that includes PC Windows environment with specific skills in MS Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio and MS Project. 7. Must have strong interpersonal skills, self motivated, and a general understanding of engineering/manufacturing data requirements and design tools.
Unique Skills:Problem Resolution Opportunities: Strong interpersonal, organizational, communications, requirements analysis, technical writing and problem-solving skills are required. Strong customer relationship management skills. Experience Requirements: Proficiency in CAD modeling utilizing CATIA V5 with emphasis on structural or mechanical design Essential Job Functions: PLM apps user support with primary focus on CATIA V5 users Provide solutions to end user identified technical problems in support of the PLM environment. Support the development and execution of business test scenarios to validate PLM system updates.
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify