Create detailed designs and fabrication drawings used in the manufacture of various equipment including bill of materials. Additionally, will create piping flow schematics that are utilized in the construction of piping systems. These detailed technical drawings incorporate the input of engineers, sales and project managers and can specify dimensions, codes, materials, and production methods. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Develop 3D models and finish drawings from sketches and data provided by Engineers
- Must be able to visualize, conceptualize and formulate a design in 3D from similar existing designs
- Ability to learn quickly and work on multiple projects
- Exercise independent judgment by utilizing the correct design criteria based on knowledge from customer data and project scope
- Create and assemble documentation packages and produce drawing sets and detailed bill of materials
- Review customer drawings and other discipline drawings and any existing plan drawings for physical interference and design requirements
- Provide technical support for project engineers and managers, client inquiries and fabrication requests
- Effectively communicate with the project engineer, project manager and customer representatives to identify project design requirements
- Ensure accuracy and completeness of drawings including dimensions, spelling, drafting standards and completeness
- Must be able to visit job sites and take measurements for equipment design
- Must have prior experience using Autodesk Inventor software
- Education: Associate or Bachelor degree in Engineering/CAD Design preferred
- A minimum of two years CAD experience
- A minimum of two years 3D modeling experience
- Possess a strong mechanical aptitude
- Knowledge of metal plate fabrication and welding preferred
- Knowledge of integration of laser scan point cloud data into Inventor is a plus
- Knowledge of iLogic programming a plus
- Some travel required
- The ability to work both independently and as part of a team are essential
- Start date is immediate. 40 Hour work week (Monday- Friday) with some overtime as needed.
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify