PDS is seeking RS Sheetmetal Tech I for an open position in Savannah GA.Position Purpose
The Sheetmetal Technician I works independently or with moderate supervision to fabricate and install complex interior subassemblies in aircraft.Principle Duties and Responsibilities:Essential Functions:
1. Communicate as required. to receive and understand work assignments. Perform tasks completely, accurately, and in a timely manner. Ensure that work accomplished meets FAA requirements, customer specifications, and standard of quality. 2. Ask questions as needed to understand processes and responsibilities. Keep Leads informed of progress, problems, and job status. 3. Properly identify (tag) and store customer property and equipment. 4. Assist with disassembly and reassembly of aircraft interiors. 5. Sign off drawings and Work Order items. 6. Coordinate with the Inspection department to ensure conformity with drawings and compliance with approved repair station procedures. 7. Adapt to sudden changes while maintaining productivity and standards of quality. 8. Use the resource planning system to produce picklists and enter daily labor against correct Work Order and item numbers. 9. Effectively use technical reference materials. Learn how to find information. Additional Functions:
1. Participate in continuous improvement activities (e.g. YIAW, Kaizen events, etc.) 2. Keep shop and aircraft work areas clean and uncluttered. 3. Properly care for and maintain shop equipment and tools as assigned by Supervisor. 4. Comply with safety rules and procedures. Perform other duties as assigned.Other Requirements:
1. Basic knowledge of sheetmetal or fabrication processes (cutting, bending, forming, drilling) is required. 2. Blueprint reading and basic math skills are required. 3. Possess a working knowledge of the Policies and Procedures manual, Inspection Procedures manual, and pertinent Process Specifications. 4. Ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
Education and Experience Requirements:
High School Diploma or GED required. Two (2) years experience of sheetmetal and/or fabrication experience.
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify