PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking a Equipment Maintenance Technician, in Kinston, NC
Perform routine maintenance in a highly automated factory. Candidate must be able to perform work in one or more of the maintenance trades: machine and equipment repair, plumbing, electrical, electronic, networking, and mechanical, alignments. Conducts electrical troubleshooting using various tools such as DVM, scopes, PLCs. Must have computer related experience in networking and repair, mechanical alignments using precision measuring equipment such as micrometers, calibers and dial indicators. Conducts routine, periodic, or special inspections to determine repair and maintenance work necessary to prevent breakdowns of machinery, and equipment. Candidate must be able to use hand tools and power tools. Must be able to read and understand blueprints, sketches, layouts, wiring diagrams, drawings, and specifications. Key Accountabilities
- Diagnose failures, determine parts and material requirements, and perform repairs as required to resume operation on production equipment.
- Work from diagrams, prints, specifications or verbal orders.
- Use hand tools, powered tools, shop equipment, and test equipment.
- Perform disassembly and assembly operations necessary to accomplish assignment.
- Enter and retrieve data from the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS), order parts required to accomplish the task (except as relates to inventory, store, record, issue and any other duties related to material support technician.)
- Each employee may be asked, on occasion, to complete other duties and responsibilities as required by Spirit leadership.
- Attend seminars, training, and educational activities as directed as well as on-the-job participation/demonstrations by peers in order to improve maintenance technical capacity
- Train other employees in same job classification or lower as requested or required
- Participate in Maintenance Department project implementation and on process improvement teams
- Obtain and deliver material and equipment necessary to support plant maintenance and repair.
- Use precision alignment and measuring instruments
- Maintain required personal certifications
- Perform root/cause analysis in support of reliability processes, and collaborate with vendors, engineering, customers, other crafts and management to solve equipment problems and develop corrective action
- 5 years of troubleshooting and repair of industrial machines and equipment
- Candidate must be proficient with PLC programming, computer networking, and maintaining software for CNC equipment.
- Candidate must be proficient maintaining, repairing, and troubleshooting industrial PC’s, CNC’s, and PLC’s.
- PLC programming knowledge and experience.
- Candidate must have a working knowledge of checking machine geometry / alignment using lasers and other precision measuring tools.
- Must be able to read and understand engineering drawings
- Working knowledge of industrial electronics, pneumatics, mechanics, hydraulics, and structural maintenance
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair electrical, mechanical, pneumatic, and hydraulic equipment
- Ability to operate computers, maintenance diagnostic equipment, including analog and digital multi-meters, oscilloscopes, pyrometers, photo-tachometer, ultrasonic leak detectors, vibration analysis, thermography ETC.
- Ability to work in confined areas and high places
- Candidate must be able to work overtime
- Experience with machine assembly, machine builds, installations, mechanical, general machine shop tools, electrical wiring, bearings and alignment techniques
- Excellent analytical skills and a demonstrated understanding of electrical and mechanical machine controls and drive systems
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify