Duties & Responsibilities
Mechanical Assembly Technician I, II and III:
• Assembles components for aviation and ground vehicle fuel systems.
• Reads and understands mechanical assembly drawings, work orders, work instructions and manufacturing orders.
• Initiates Non Conformance Report requests for drawings, shop orders, work instructions and manufacturing orders.
• Disassembles and cleans components for aviation and ground vehicle systems
• Tests and troubleshoots sub-systems and complete assemblies.
• Operates a broad variety of equipment and hand/power tools in a safe and efficient manner.
• Packages/Crates components and fuel systems using proper packing procedures and prepares packages/crates for shipping.
• Interacts with Quality and Supply Chain as required.
• Marginal duties may include the following:
o General and detailed cleaning of the production floor, i.e. sweeping, mopping, waxing, emptying garbage cans, etc.
• Adherence to Export Control and Technology Control Plan (TCP) as applicable to job function
• Adherence to Compliance Plan and Employee Policy Manual
• Please note this job description is not designed to cover nor contain a static listing of activities, duties or responsibilities. Additional duties may be assigned.
Mechanical Assembly Technician II and III (in addition to the above):
• Ability to accomplish duties and responsibilities with minimal or intermittent supervision
• Screens assembly of sub-system components and complete assemblies.
• Screens packaging/ crating process for proper materials and ensures packaging/ crating is prepared for shipping.
• Assists with training and on-the-job learning initiatives for lesser experienced Mechanical Assembly Technicians
Mechanical Assembly Technician III (in addition to the above):
• Prepares systems and assembled components to meet all quality standards and guidelines prior to ATL, Quality and DCMA inspection.
• Interacts with Contracts and Engineering as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and Experience
Mechanical Assembly Technician I: High School Diploma or GED equivalent; and a minimum of one (1) year of experience in a Manufacturing role; or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
Mechanical Assembly Technician II: High School Diploma or GED equivalent; and a minimum of two (2) years of experience in a Manufacturing role combined with the demonstrated ability to perform level I and II tasks per the training matrix; or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
Mechanical Assembly Technician III: High School Diploma or GED equivalent; and a minimum of three (3) years of experience in a Manufacturing role combined with the demonstrated ability to perform level I, II and III tasks per the training matrix; or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
• Must be familiar with basic tools related to this position.
• Must be able to read and interpret blueprint dimensions and specifications.
• Must be able to use specialty tools such as torque wrench, gauges, measuring devices.
• Familiar with standard concepts, practices and procedures in a mechanical assembly environment.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from colleagues
• Proficiency in MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint; Project and Access as required)
• Mathematical understanding consistent with the educational requirements
• Ability to read, write and communicate clearly and effectively in English
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
• Ability to use various tools to identify and solve problems
• Strong customer service and company culture/ reputation orientation
• A&P license, Forklift experience, Electro-Mechanical or Mechanical Assembly certification, or other related certification.
• Protect organization's value by keeping information confidential
• Ability to participate successfully in a team environment; demonstrate willingness to collaborate with others to achieve common objectives
• Ability to apply common sense towards the execution of responsibilities
While performing the duties of this position, the incumbent is regularly required to walk, sit, stand, squat, bend and kneel. The incumbent is occasionally required to climb. The incumbent must regularly lift or carry a maximum of 75 pounds; as well as push or pull a maximum of 200 pounds. The incumbent will regularly use hand tools including but not limited to wrenches, sockets, screwdrivers, spray guns, brushers, rollers, rulers, and calipers. The incumbent will occasionally use power tools including but not limited to drills, mixers, computers, hoists, golf carts and forklifts.
While performing the duties of this position, the incumbent is regularly exposed to mechanical parts and occasionally exposed to dirty working conditions, heat or cold ranging between 40 and 100 degrees ambient conditions, minimal exposure to vapors or fumes, and dust shavings. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud. The incumbent is required to wear PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) including Nitrile gloves, dust mask, safety glasses, protective clothing, goggles, and work gloves.
• Supports the company’s FOD (Foreign Object Damage) prevention program
• Maintain a clean, safe work area in compliance with OSHA standards.
• Comply with all Safety policies as outlined by the company standards and local, state and federal laws.
• In accordance with Robertson Fuel Systems’ Arizona Drug and Alcohol Policy, this position is designated as a safety-sensitive position.
As provided by the Americans with Disabilities Act, the company is committed to discussing and providing reasonable accommodations to its employees to help them fulfill the essential functions of their jobs.
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify