PDS Tech is seeking a Avionics Subsystem Lead Engineer for an open position in Reno, NV
PDS Tech is seeking an Avionics Subsystem Engineer
with strong experience enabling him/her to be responsible for all activities related to the design, development, integration, testing and certification of the primary avionics, secondary avionics, pitot statics, navigation, synthetic vision, enhanced vision, communications, antennae, radar, data acquisition, safety systems, health monitoring & reporting and integrated modular avionics for the business jet. The successful candidate will manage the various avionics systems design and system’s suppliers, as well as all design and certification activity required. The Avionics Subsystem Lead Engineer will work our of our Reno, NV, headquarters and report to the Director of Cockpit IPT. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Develop avionics systems design, architecture and product plan, including qualification and certification plans
- Provide subject matter expert level technical leadership, mentoring and guidance on both practical and theoretical aspects of avionics systems
- Define requirements for the avionics systems to ensure compliance with regulations and customer requirements
- Provide validation and verification of avionics systems requirements
- Perform avionics systems tests and certification, and provide system and certification documentation
- Interface directly with avionics systems suppliers
- Manage the avionics scheduling,budget and resources
- Report subsystem status to ensure milestones are met in support of the overall program schedule
This position will be responsible for hiring, developing and leading talent to augment and seamlessly integrate with our world-class team and liaise effectively with our technical support partners. He/she will foster a culture that inspires high levels of performance and employee retention. The selected candidate will help to define the product development strategy and lead a team of engineers and analysts in that effort. She/he will prioritize the allocation of the Avionics subsystem resources to meet the milestones of the AS2 program schedule, from concept through certification, as well as provide support to the various other subsystems, such as Electrical, Flight Controls and other IPTs in support of their development and certification.
Search Keyword #Supersonic for the new supersonic aircraft development program positions in Reno, NV!
Education and Additional Requirements
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Aerospace, Electrical Engineering or other relevant Engineering position
- Master’s degree in a technical and/or management specialty preferred
- 10+ years of deep, hands-on experience in Avionics systems development, design and testing in Military, Commercial and/or business jet aircraft
- Must be a US or Canadian citizen, a US permanent resident or someone who otherwise meets the requirements of a US Person under EAR part 772
- Cannot be party of any restrictive covenant, non-compete, non-solicitation, or non-disclosure / confidentiality agreement with current or any former employer that would prevent you from fully performing the duties of the position
- 3+ years of demonstrated experience leading technical resources and teams, both internally and externally, as well as both on-site and off-site
- In-depth and current knowledge of Part 25 regulatory requirements
- Experience and expertise in the development of commercial and/or high-end business jets strongly desired
- Recent experience in developing avionics systems from concept through certification strongly desired
- Must be able to demonstrate a clear understanding, knowledge and ability to define requirements, generate architecture and achieve compliance
- Strong customer focus with experience in a global environment working with customers and suppliers
- Strong/proven problem-solving skills across multi-disciplinary skill sets
- Strategic leader with very strong decision making and communication skills
- Ability to develop high levels of credibility and forge solid professional relationships with subordinates, peers, and management
- Ability to drive accountability appropriately within the organization
- Experience with Microsoft Office software
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify