PDS Tech is seeking a Aircraft Performance Engineer for an open position in Reno, NV
Search Keyword #Supersonic for the new supersonic aircraft development program positions in Reno, NV!
Perform as Aircraft Performance Engineer
in the Flight Sciences organization. The successful candidate will be responsible for contributing to the performance analysis of the AS2 supersonic business jet, multi-disciplinary performance trades to guide aircraft development and conceptual design and sizing of follow-on aircraft. Initially located in Reno, NV, this position will:
- Perform detailed takeoff, landing and mission performance calculations for the AS2.
- Evaluate various flight maneuvers for assisting development of loads, aircraft handling qualities or other development or certification requirement.
- Predict aircraft performance and handling characteristics using classical analytical techniques as well as advanced simulation tools.
- Assist development and enhancement of in-house performance prediction codes.
- Work with aerodynamics group to collect CFD and wind tunnel data.
- Collaborate with the stability and control and aircraft external loads groups.
- Operate 6-DOF simulation codes.
- Post-process and analyze wind tunnel and flight test data.
- Assist with development of performance estimates for flight testing and certification data for the aircraft flight manual.
- Assist in the development of advanced tools for performing MDO trades, aircraft sizing and performance analysis.
- Provide support for engineering, certification, and flight test departments from concept to product certification.
The Performance Engineer
will be responsible for mission performance analysis of the AS2 supersonic business jet to meet program and certification requirements. Successful candidates will have a commanding and fundamental understanding of the design and development of fighter and/or business jet class aircraft, preferably with experience developing supersonic vehicles. Candidates should have expert level knowledge of the necessary physics-based trades for supersonic designs and the regulatory requirements that apply to such aircraft. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated knowledge and experience in computational fluid dynamics, analytical and theoretical performance estimation techniques, wind tunnel testing from low speed to high speed regimes (preferably supersonic), propulsion integration (preferably supersonic), and stability and control.
Education and Additional Requirements
- Bachelor's degree Mechanical or Aerospace engineering, with an advanced degree in a technical specialty relating to aircraft design highly preferred.
- 1-5 years experience with aircraft design or performance analysis using computational tools such as vortex-lattice and area rule methods as well as traditional handbook methods. .
- Must be a US or Canadian citizen, a US permanent resident or someone who otherwise meets the requirements of a US Person under EAR part 772.
- Cannot be party of any restrictive covenant, non-compete, non-solicitation, or non-disclosure / confidentiality agreement with current or any former employer that would prevent you from fully performing the duties of the position
- Experience programming in Java, Python, Matlab/Simulink and wiht writing numerical aircraft analysis codes for sizing and/or performance.
- Knowledge of aircraft handling qualities and stability and control, as well as aerodynamic CFD methods and wind tunnel testing.
- Familiarity with numerical optimization techniques and multi-disciplinary optimization frameworks.
- Understanding of statistical methods used in quantifying uncertainties.
- Experience with supersonic and/or business aircraft.
- Strong technical, interpersonal, communication, administrative, and presentation skills.
- Highly self-motivated with a strong bias for action, and excellent problem-solving skills across multi-disciplinary skill sets.
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify