PDS Tech is seeking a Aeroacoustics Engineer in Reno, NV
Search Keyword #Supersonic for the new supersonic aircraft development program positions in Reno, NV!
The Aeroacoustics Engineer
will be responsible for predicting community and cabin noise for the AS2 supersonic aircraft and validating those predictions through component wind tunnel test and full-scale flight testing. The candidate must have an understanding of the main sources of aircraft and powerplant noise, as well as the tools and experience to reduce noise. The candidate will be familiar with aircraft noise certification tests, and perceived noise metrics. Initially located in Reno, NV, this position will:
- Perform acoustic analyses (source data coming from either simulation or experiment) on aircraft systems and components, including building analysis tools and scripts.
- Conduct noise prediction and atmospheric propagation calculating noise footprints and perceived noise metrics
- Inform airframe aerodynamic shaping to reduce community and cabin noise
- Influence interior design to reduce cockpit and cabin noise and improve crew and passenger comfort
- Develop testing plans for technology development and design validation
- Implement testing procedures, plans and perform data reduction to verify analysis performance predictions
- Validate noise models and predictions with wind tunnel, subsystem test, and flight data
- Define noise allocations for sub-system suppliers
- Provide subject-matter expert level guidance on both practical and theoretical aeroacoustics for aircraft design
- Provide support for engineering, certification, and flight test departments from concept to product certification
Our Aeroacoustics Engineer
will be responsible for supporting the design of the AS2 supersonic business jet to meet market requirements for cabin noise levels and airframe certification noise requirements. The successful candidate will have a commanding and fundamental understanding of internal and external acoustics of commercial aircraft, preferably with business jet experience. The candidate should have basic level knowledge of the necessary physics-based trades for supersonic designs and the regulatory requirements that apply to FAR36 certification of civil aircraft. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated knowledge and experience in analytical and theoretical performance estimation techniques, wind tunnel testing for acoustic evaluation, propulsion system effects, internal and external acoustics measurements during flight test.
Education and Additional Requirements
- BS degree or higher in mechanical/aerospace/acoustic engineering, MS or PhD in a relevant technical specialty preferred
- 5+ years overall technical experience in theoretical and experimental aeroacoustics
- Must be familiar with aircraft noise certification standards and have demonstrated experience with noise attenuation for cabin comfort
- Computational aeroacoustics analysis experience preferred
- Familiarity with low-fidelity acoustic tools (e.g., PSU-WOPWOP) and high-fidelity tools like Lattice Boltzmann solvers
- Significant experience on aircraft design teams, from concept through certification, in a collaborative multi-discipline team environment
- Experience in the development of supersonic, and/or business aircraft
- Experience managing internal and/or external acoustics teams in the aerospace field
- Strong technical, interpersonal, communication, administrative, and presentation skills
- Demonstrated leadership in solving technical challenges
- Ability to develop high levels of credibility and forge solid professional relationships with subordinates, peers, and management
- Ability to drive accountability appropriately within the organization
- Experience with Microsoft Office software
- Must be a US or Canadian citizen, a US permanent resident or someone who otherwise meets the requirements of a US Person under EAR part 772
- Cannot be party of any restrictive covenant, non-compete, non-solicitation, or non-disclosure / confidentiality agreement with current or any former employer that would prevent you from fully performing the duties of the position
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify