PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking a Fatigue and Damage Tolerance in Wichita, KS
Description: Responsible for material selection, configuration, and sizing for structure of new products, as well as for providing production and field support for existing products. Perform design evaluation, considering durability, fracture, crack growth, and inspection interval determinations. Generate operations spectra, internal loads, and stress spectra. Provide production support, including the evaluation of discrepancies and the responsibility for dispositions to ensure that all products meet the fatigue and damage tolerance requirements. Develop and conduct cyclic, material, and residual strength tests in support of 14 CR regulations. Modify and develop software code in support of test and analysis functions. Use CATIA modeling software to analyze and evaluate design configurations.
• DER/UM-related duties missing; ensuring that the proposed design is certifiable, coordinating with the FAA, resolution of certification issues, determination of the certification basis, writing the certification plan, witnessing certification testing, find compliance.
• Assists in preparation of engineering drawings, reports and other documents. Coordinates with direct and indirect customers and suppliers to determine system requirements and resolve problems. Work with various groups within Product Engineering to develop test procedures and pass/fail criteria.
• Assist with material selection, configuration and sizing for new airframe structures as well as providing production and field support for existing aircraft.
• Production and field support will include the design evaluations, ensuring that all aircraft meet fatigue, strength, and stability requirements.
• Work alongside other organizations from engineering, customer service, ISC, flight test, and airworthiness to support a broad range of projects by providing your technical expertise.
• Perform advanced structural analysis using a range of mathematical, testing, and computational methods including fatigue and damage tolerance analyses.
• Support FAA and foreign authorities in technical discussions on certification issues.
• Involvement in root cause analysis of complex failures to improve aircraft reliability. Including support of accident investigations.
• Keep detailed Stress Notes on design changes and production non-conformances
• Participate in the development and improvement of the team’s processes and tools.
• B.S. or advanced degree in Aeronautical, Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering, Physics, Math, Statistics or related technical degree required
• Minimum 7 years of experience in General Aviation or Business Aircraft development programs
• Fatigue and Damage Tolerance DER qualifications (FAR 23 or 25).
• Experience with domestic and foreign business and/or general aviation aircraft certification process is required
• Experience with Microsoft Office software application and working environment is required.
• The candidate must be able to work in a team environment and be able to clearly communicate thoughts and ideas with peers, management, and certification authorities.
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify