Civil / Structural Department Manager – the Manager of Civil/Structural Engineering is responsible for performing engineering and management duties for civil/structural projects both standalone and with multi-disciplines. The candidate should possess A solid background in Civil/Structural Engineering experience and technical expertise in the design of Industrial projects. Leadership, mentoring, and staff motivation are essential to the job. The minimum requirements for the position are BSCE with 10+ years in heavy industrial experience with knowledge of STAAD.Pro, STAAD Foundation, RAM Connection, RISA 3D and CAD software packages. A working knowledge of OSHA, API, NFPA, IBC, ACI, AISC and ASCE codes is required.
We are sourcing a Civil/Structural Engineering Manager to lead a team of 8 to 10 people while practicing hands-on engineering to complete standalone and multi-disciplined projects. Must be knowledgeable in reviewing/approving a civil/structural design from a member of your team, estimating engineering and design hours for an RFP and upcoming project, and traveling to a local facility to perform technical field work. We are looking for the following expertise:
- A Structural Engineering license
- The ability to lead and manage a group of 8 to 10 civil/structural engineers and designers
- Familiarity with the use of STAAD.Pro, STAAD Foundation, RAM Connection, RISA 3D, and AutoCAD.
- A working knowledge of engineering codes and standards, such as OSHA, API, NFPA, IBC, ACI, AISC, and ASCE.
Skills & Requirements:
- Primary duties include leading a team of 8 to 10 civil/structural engineers and designers in the work related to chemical, oil and gas, refining, plastics, power, pharmaceutical, Process Plant instrument field devices, reviewing P&IDs, estimating installed costs, and managing the instrumentation portion of projects.
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering
- A Professional Engineering License
- 15 years of experience in an industrial market
- Experience in Chemical or Refining Industries is a plus
- Proficiency in STAAD, RISA 3D, and AutoCAD
- A working knowledge of OSHA, API, NFPA, IBC, ACI, AISC, and ASCE
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify