PDS Tech is seeking a Composite Technician,in Wichita, KS.
Team with others to fabricate, assemble, form, finish and inspect a wide variety of structural and non-structural fiberglass, acrylic and other composite and metal parts, tools and assemblies. Work from drawings,documents, process specifications, quality control requirements, and established processes and procedures, to assure the timely delivery of quality products to the customer. Perform multi-tasking and multi-machine operation where applicable.
1. Utilize lay-up tools, which include both optical and hard tools, in the fabrication of composite and metal assemblies.
2. Obtain required information from prints, charts, sketches, work orders, documents, verbal and electronic information.
3. Use shop mathematics and precision measuring instruments to complete work assignments.
4. Must verify work performed is per work instruction and meets process and/or engineering specification.
5. Ensure equipment and tool certification occurs per procedure.
6. Use and control of solvents and cleaning solutions in the preparation of details, tools, and assemblies for bonding and paint per established procedures.
7. Perform routine minor machine maintenance as part of their daily work duties (e.g., replacing machine filters, changing standard light bulbs on machines and equipment, maintaining lubrication/coolant levels,etc. as related to basic Total Preventative Maintenance duties).
8. Routinely move product within the immediate manufacturing work area,including across isle, using shop assigned equipment as required, and complete transactions necessary to move product to the next operation.On an exception basis, moves product to the next operation within a building.
9. Support the continuous flow of product within the manufacturing process by training and assisting employees at all classification levels.
10. Cross trains in inspection and becomes SIA qualified.
Level B Employee is able to perform the critical functions of the composites mechanic including:1. Operate impregnating, perforating, cutting, roll form, press and curing machines, and testing equipment in the fabrication of composite materials and core details in accordance with established processes and procedures.2. Load, unload and operate ovens and autoclaves in the curing of parts and assemblies.3. Operate portable repair/bonding equipment to accomplish rework,repair or change incorporation on completed assemblies.4. Disassemble and prepare assemblies to accomplish rework, repair or change incorporation on completed assemblies.5. Other directly related duties as requested and required.
Candidates must hold Security Clearance - Secret or Above.
Last investigation must have completed no earlier than August 2014.
Candidates must be available to work all shift.
Looking for experience working with Carbon Fiber in a team environment.
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify