PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking an Engineering Technician 2 Computer Aided Metrology, in Palmdale, CA.Summary:
This position performs a variety of duties assisting mechanical engineers in the development of mechanical and electromechanical engineering designs, tests, fabrications, modifications, assemblies and components. Drafts detailed drawings for fabrication. Devices, fabricates, and assembles new or modified mechanical components or assemblies. Sets up and tests complete prototype units and subassemblies under operational conditions. Analyzes data and recommends modifications to components or test procedure to meet desired specifications.
The selected candidate will be required to support manufacturing environment covering multiple programs, and support tooling and production requirements needed at suppliers and/or customers. The selected candidate may also assist in the assignment of personnel to support all Aerospace Systems Programs, and determine the best system to be used for data acquisition.
- Experience with assembly tooling and/or composites fabrication and assembly.
- Experience with Computer-Aided Measurement Systems (C.A.M.S.) and/or Laser Tracking Interferometer Systems (FARO-LEICA).
- Experience in data collection for the Validation/Verification of Tooling and Production Engineering. Coordination with Manufacturing. Engineering, Quality, and Tool Design to interpret, analyze, and advise on the data results.
- Support tooling requirements needed at suppliers and/or customers.
- Experience in Microsoft Office suite.
- Ability to communicate/interface with multiple levels, such as Manufacturing Engineering, Quality Assurance, and Tool Design to interpret, analyze, and advise on the data results.
- Ability to work on high ladders and portable platforms, ability to lift heavy objects over 35lbs, and the ability to stand for long periods of time is required.
- AA or other 2 year technical degree in a related discipline and 1 years of related experience.
- OR a High School Diploma/GED and 2 years of experience with Computer-Aided Measurement Systems (C.A.M.S.) and/or Laser Tracking Interferometer Systems (FARO-LEICA).
- Must be familiar with multiple computer aided metrology systems such as laser trackers, articulated arms, scanners 6DoF (Six Degree of Freedom) etc.
- Experience with computer aided graphic interfaces (Verisurf X, SA and Maya matrix, Build!IT, Polyworks).
- Experience in the ability to analyze collected data to computer models.
- Knowledge of Integrated Systems Air Frames and AeroStructures.
- Position requires travel and ability to work any shift as necessary.
- Ability to obtain and maintain an active DoD Secret or Top Secret clearance and Special Program Access as required.
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify